Buddy Fox A10C UFC Failure

Just so this doesn't get lost in the ground clutter here......

My brand new UFC with probably no more than 20x presses per button sadly decided to stop working properly, I have a mostly failed (intermittent at best) #3 button.

Couple of weeks ago I pinged buddy fox via their website for some support etc, nothing heard since, I have tried to PM the guy here on the forum, not knowing what else to do sadly.

At this moment due to customer support I cannot recommend the Buddy Fox A10C UFC , which is a real shame as the unit externally appears very nicely presented and seemingly nice build quality, I know of at least one other use with a failure as well in similar circumstances.

If you were considering a purchase I would advise you hold on to your money for now so we can see if this has become abandonware or not :(

Interestingly from ordering online to delivery was less than 2 weeks , much less actually.......

:joystick:

Hey,

I believe I replied on your email (plus a lot others) earlier this week, when I got home from a work gig abroad.

Malfunctions with the mechanics and electronics do happen, even though we test them 3 times during the process (after flashing, after assembly, before shipping) they still can get problems during the shipping or after a little use.

Just to give out some numbers regarding the quality, our claim percentage has been less than 1% and product returns 0,002%

It's not abandonware (just yet?), but I've got a "real job" to make my living, since we don't do the volumes, like for example Thrustmaster :)

Edited by Bamse

• 3 years later...

I put the following post in the Buddy Fox thread.  Wanted it here too since I'm having trouble getting it to respond correctly.

Gentlemen, I need help.  I purchased a 2nd hand buddy fox and Windows 11 sees it.  I made the lua scripts changes and copied everything to the correct folders.  Raygun works in DCS for the master caution light, I mapped the buttons in the control options and the buttons respond when pressed correctly.  But as soon as I go back to the live cockpit of the A-10C II, none of the buttons are responsive.   Only two buttons work and are button "4/JKL" which turns on nosewheel steering when pressed and button "5/MNO" that centers the view of the screen to center HUD.

I'm at a loss and can't figure it out.  I've flipped-flopped the lua line entry order back and forth and I've plugged the USB from my powered hub directly to the pc 2.0 and 3.0 ports.

Has anyone else ran across this issue?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Darin -     a.k.a.   Hookah