Special Option to configurate the JHMCS Axis View

Butcher868

Hi Guys,

I dont know how to explain this in good words, so I will show you 2 pics, where you can see which problem i mean, if i use the JHMCS with Monitor and TrackIR.

attachment.php?attachmentid=218136&d=1569946450

attachment.php?attachmentid=218137&d=1569946450

You can see that i sit centered in front of the monitor and watch the HUD, but the "crosshair" is in the middle of the monitor and so to low in my opinion.

I am not sure, but I think this is wrong, but in VR it would be fit.

So I think it will the best if you add an special option to set this higher and lower for everyone.

Or what do you think?

Edited by Butcher868

Intel Core i9 13900K; Palit GeForce RTX 4090; 64GB Kingston FURY DDR5

Steam | Discord | Twitch | YouTube | Instagram

I would like to add to this as well. Now that the Viper is out and it has it too, I've noticed that in the Viper in VR it's more solid or constant than in the Hornet. In the hornet it's like it has motion blur or something. I've always thought I have to move my head too high in VR to get it on the target. It's like I have to lead pursuit my JHMCS is what it feels like.

Hi Guys,

I dont know how to explain this in good words, so I will show you 2 pics, where you can see which problem i mean, if i use the JHMCS with Monitor and TrackIR.

attachment.php?attachmentid=218136&d=1569946450

attachment.php?attachmentid=218137&d=1569946450

You can see that i sit centered in front of the monitor and watch the HUD, but the "crosshair" is in the middle of the monitor and so to low in my opinion.

I am not sure, but I think this is wrong, but in VR it would be fit.

So I think it will the best if you add an special option to set this higher and lower for everyone.

Or what do you think?

Windows 10 Pro x64 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 8700K @ 5.0GHz (Cooled by H150i Pro), 32GB DDR4 @3200, Asus Maximus X, TM Warthog with F-18 stick, TPR Rudder, Oculus Rift S

I don't own VR, so this might not apply, but can't you reset your center view? As a workaround. I use TrackIR and I do that buy looking a little lower than the default view and then recentering. My new "default" view is now higher.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I don't own VR, so this might not apply, but can't you reset your center view? As a workaround. I use TrackIR and I do that buy looking a little lower than the default view and then recentering. My new "default" view is now higher.

I just started trying the jhmcs 2 days ago and have the same problem as the OP. It is so low it's almost unusable. I will try Harker's idea but not sure it will work. I know that one thing I do every time I fire up TIR is I have to check the position of my headphone since the TIR is attached to it. I play around w/ it until I get equal movement up and down. Typically that is about 100 degrees as seen on the setting screen in TIR. So, once I have that set I am not sure I want to mess w/ it to get JHMCS working. Also I notice that the JHMCS doesn't move as far left and right as my view does. IE; if I turn my head till I am looking at 90 degrees the JHMCS is only moved maybe 75 degrees.

I did find this interesting line in avq32_init.lua.

-- optical center is 4 degrees below the FRL

collimator_default_distance_factor = {auto_collimator_default_distance_factor[1], auto_collimator_default_distance_factor[1] * math.rad(-4), 0}

I'm not a professional programmer, but i believe the game can be changed quite a lot by editing the right luas.

Now this is for the hud, but maybe there's something similar for the HMD if someone wants to investigate

• ED Team
So nothing will change at sometime?

Everything subject to change. Changing a position of the aiming cross on the screen requires changes in LOS calculation. Also, you won't be able to use uplook reticles I guess, because they will move beyound screen borders. And there could be some unexpected consequences.

But I still don't understand why it is a problem to move your view up, to look straight forward, not down.

Everything subject to change. Changing a position of the aiming cross on the screen requires changes in LOS calculation. Also, you won't be able to use uplook reticles I guess, because they will move beyound screen borders. And there could be some unexpected consequences.

But I still don't understand why it is a problem to move your view up, to look straight forward, not down.

I will try to show you the "problem".

problem.thumb.jpg.1c9f8980cd03366adac5aa946b33990d.jpg

If I and many other Users of TrackIR (maybe any else Headtracker?) sit in front of our Screens on a desk.

We looking straight to the Hud ~ blue circle (if any Pilot will do i think), but the view of the HMD ist still at the red circle. Maybe you can understand me now a littlebit better, if not maybe I can explain it to you better at voice chat!?

Or maybe I am too stupid. :P

Intel Core i9 13900K; Palit GeForce RTX 4090; 64GB Kingston FURY DDR5

Steam | Discord | Twitch | YouTube | Instagram

• 2 years later...