Biggest waste of money ever Rift S install issue

SmoglessPanic

Might not be the best place for this but this thread is more active than where I originally posted this and I was hoping someone would see it apologies but I'm extremely frustrated, I just wanted to see the game and the 16 in VR for the first time.

Hello All,

I've spent 3 hours since spending $400 on the Rift S trying to install it, I've tried doing it to the D drive but I cannot get it to install. My C drive is dynamic and I do not want to spend hours tonight redoing Windows and downloading games, not to mention if I forget to back a document up I cannot get it back.

How can this issue not be fixed? How can you be expected to reformat after spending $400 on a product? It's maddening! I'm about to pull my hair out.

Does anyone know of another possible workaround other than trying to install to another drive that is basic? (my D drive is basic but it wont install)

Also, does this also happen with the HP Reverb or can the software be installed like a normal program?

I appreciate any thought/help.

Thanks!

Might not be the best place for this but this thread is more active than where I originally posted this and I was hoping someone would see it apologies but I'm extremely frustrated, I just wanted to see the game and the 16 in VR for the first time.

Hello All,

I've spent 3 hours since spending $400 on the Rift S trying to install it, I've tried doing it to the D drive but I cannot get it to install. My C drive is dynamic and I do not want to spend hours tonight redoing Windows and downloading games, not to mention if I forget to back a document up I cannot get it back.

How can this issue not be fixed? How can you be expected to reformat after spending $400 on a product? It's maddening! I'm about to pull my hair out.

Does anyone know of another possible workaround other than trying to install to another drive that is basic? (my D drive is basic but it wont install)

Also, does this also happen with the HP Reverb or can the software be installed like a normal program?

I appreciate any thought/help.

Thanks!

Check out the VR4DCS Discord! Lots of Rift S Users in there who might be able to help and lots of great info for fine tuning the headset and getting the most out of it!

https://discord.gg/VWQbjK

NM just read your other thread, Oculus rift software is finincky to say the least...

Edited by rick66

i7 8086K(Delidded@5.2),ASUS ROG Maximus X Formula Z370,Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition, 32GB DDR4,860 Pro SSD x2,970 Pro M.2, 840 Evo, Asus ROG PG278Q G-Sync.. Rift S:pilotfly:https://imgur.com/a/TRIm7nL

NM just read your other thread, Oculus rift software is finincky to say the least...

I'm beginning to find out.

It's a shame really since it's relatively affordable, going to have to find extra money for the HP one, not being able to install it or requiring someone redo their SDD Is a major strike. I really don't know which one is better HP or Rift S but affordability it goes to the Rift.

So are you trying to install to "D" but not getting the option? By default the software wants to install only on "C" drive.

When you install the Oculus app on your PC computer, it'll install on the C: drive. If you want to install the app on a different system drive, make sure the new system drive has at least sufficient of free disk space and is formatted to use the NTFS file system.

To install the Oculus app on a different system drive:

Press the Windows key + R to open the Run command
Enter the following path: [drive]:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\OculusSetup.exe /drive=[new system drive]
- Replace [drive] with the letter of the drive where Oculus was downloaded to
- Replace [new system drive] with the letter of the new drive you'd like to install Oculus to

Ex: C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\OculusSetup.exe /drive=D or C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\OculusSetup.exe /drive:D
Click OK
The Oculus app will then open and attempt to install the app on the new drive you've chosen.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I had to redo my computer, I originally upgraded from Windows 8.1 and perhaps that's where the dynamic drive was configured.

I normally redo my computer at least once a year but I ended up having so much stuff I was a afraid to lose (like Office) that I didn't do it for a long time. After reinstalling Windows the installation kicked off without a problem.

Oculus support was pretty incredible they tried everything, I would like to thank all of you guys that made suggestions and do apologize for my original post 8 hours of trying to get something to work can take it's toll.

I am downloading DCS and a couple of other games so I will be back in the skies in a few hours but in VR!

So are you trying to install to "D" but not getting the option? By default the software wants to install only on "C" drive.

When you install the Oculus app on your PC computer, it'll install on the C: drive. If you want to install the app on a different system drive, make sure the new system drive has at least sufficient of free disk space and is formatted to use the NTFS file system.

To install the Oculus app on a different system drive:

Press the Windows key + R to open the Run command
Enter the following path: [drive]:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\OculusSetup.exe /drive=[new system drive]
- Replace [drive] with the letter of the drive where Oculus was downloaded to
- Replace [new system drive] with the letter of the new drive you'd like to install Oculus to

Ex: C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\OculusSetup.exe /drive=D or C:\Users\USERNAME\Downloads\OculusSetup.exe /drive:D
Click OK
The Oculus app will then open and attempt to install the app on the new drive you've chosen.

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried these steps with support, the problem was my dynamic drive, after reinstalling Windows the issue was resolved. I appreciate the help though!!