Help with trimming

Hello guys, i know that this topic is addressed many times and belive me, i have read all the topics written on this forum relating this issue but i still have problems with trimming ( i am refering to all aircraft). looks like no matter what i do, my trim is either too much or not sufficient.

Let me explain, i have logitech attack 3 joystick( no force feedback nor rotaries), and so i have mapped my button 2 and 3 for pitch up/down. so basically what i do is fly level in order to let the speed and pitch stabilize and than engage trim.After some time the nose goes either up or down and looks like i overreact with the buttons when i try to keep the VVI to zero. Also in this forum i read a thread about modifying trimming gain, and so i did, but i'm still experiencing the same thing. I've been flying FC for 2 years now and i have read the manual and watched all the related tutorials from Ironhand's website. Can anyone help me with this?

I would appreciate any help i could get.. .

Thank you in advance...

Re-Map the Default 2-Keypress Trim Input to a Single button Input and see if that makes a difference: Should be a wee bit more Subtle.

Also remember to adjust your Engine RPM together with trim to get level flight, dependant on circumstances.

Edit: Just re-read your post: Trim is not the same as Pitch Up/Down, so if that is what you are utilizing for trim then that may well be where you are erring.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Thank you Viper for the quick answer, reading your reply i realized that maybe i failed to explain properly (probably beacuse of my english ) . When i said level flight i ment that i keep level flight for the required altitude and speed, wait some time for the speed to stabilize (making the required corrections), and then press button number 2 or 3 once, (and i guess this is single button input you mentioned?)on my joystick depending on the circumstances . After a while i see that VVI either drops or raises affecting my speed and altitude as well. As i said i tried to edit the trim gain in order to make small corrections but so far i have not seen any improvement. What do you think might be the problem?

The Single Keypress I mentioned is the Key Command in the LockOn/Input/Buttons menu. The default keys are [Ctrl-,][Ctrl-.][Ctrl-/]and [Ctrl;] for Trim Left, Trim Up, Trim Right and Trim Down respectively.

I re-mapped the above keys to Left Arrow, Up Arrow, Right Arrow and Down Arrow (ie One Keypress). These were then mapped to my Flight-Stick using the appropriate Programming Software.

I again re-iterate that if you are relying on Pitch Up/Down to trim then you are erring. IIRC those commands utilized for Keyboard Flight and not to be used for trim.

Try the re-mapping as above to a single keypress and see if you have any joy :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'