Monitor Recommendations?

I currently have Dell 27" S2716DG monitors and an older Samsung 27" monitor but want to get rid of all the bezels and go down to one monitor for work and games. Does anyone have any experience with this one from Samsung and if so what was your experience? I am firmly in the VR haters camp because I can't adjust to the way it makes me feel like I am going to throw up all the time. I currently use TrackIR 5 with a Pro Clip for my wireless headset and I don't have any issues in any games with it at all from the vertigo that some people experience.

Warthog #1397...compliments of SimHQ

A-10C_UserBar_04.gif.632b6636b377c44d7dc562f85b269d2b.gif

I'd recommend a 4KTV (55+inch). I have 2 ultrawide monitors (29 and 34 iches) and they're still not as impressive as sitting in front of a large screen TV due to lack of vertical resolution. Imagine being able to see MFD (or DDI if you will), clearly without zooming in. Any texts in the cockpit or side panels are also completely legible, and you can appreciate all the tiny graphic details.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Yah, tried VR for a while then came back to curved 65” 4K Samsung. I’m sure VR will come around but, for me, it’s not there yet.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I agree that a 55” (or bigger) 4K TV is the way to go if you can’t do VR.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

I have camera mounted on top of monitor. My after market IR emitter is attached to my headset. Emitter tilted up, camera down slightly. My eyes are roughly 24” from screen center. No probs at all.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS