F-15E Ask Me Anything

Steve Davies

Fellow simmers

I'm interviewing a former F-15E pilot next weekend for my new YouTube channel "10 Percent True". He also has time as an IFF instructor, MC-12 pilot, and U-2 mission planner.

Am gathering questions for him from the wider community.

If there's something you want me to ask him, please post it here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKRC6h8Vk4d2a9hHDrS1hMA/discussion

:pilotfly:

Fellow simmers

I'm interviewing a former F-15E pilot next weekend for my new YouTube channel "10 Percent True". He also has time as an IFF instructor, MC-12 pilot, and U-2 mission planner.

Am gathering questions for him from the wider community.

If there's something you want me to ask him, please post it here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKRC6h8Vk4d2a9hHDrS1hMA/discussion

:pilotfly:

I don't have any questions just yet Steve, but this is great to hear.:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man what's wrong with the Internet? People comment on everything, and here I get an almost exclusive AMA with a fighter pilot, how cool is that? :thumbup:

Steve, Hacker, thank you guys so much, that was really interesting and informative! I hope you'll get a chance to touch some of the questions you had to leave out when Hacker comes back on.

I'll only have about a million questions regarding OIF and then the push to CAS in Afghanistan in the Eagle, but for now I'll leave the stage to others to get some questions out to Hacker. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I finally finished watching all 4 parts of your interview with Hacker.

That was brilliant, what a cool dude! Also great interview and great questions.

Let us know when the 2 of you get together to talk more in depth about Hacker's combat tours!

Also, some more stuff on the MC-12 and a lot more on the U-2 planning would be most appreciated! :thumbup:

And one question up front: you asked Hacker whether the F-35 would be better at CAS than the A-10. I fully appreciate his answer on that question (it's about the weapon effect, not about the airframe). But how about the focus and the mindset? I believe A-10 pilots train CAS almost exclusively. F-35 pilots have to be multi-role pilots. With his combat experience as a CAS pilot in the F-15E, does Hacker think A-10 pilots would have an advantage at doing the job better? Or would that even out with specialized training and combat experience? And/or does having a WSO in the back seat ease the pilot's workload during CAS?