Some config edits won't work in \User\Saved Games

I thought the general trend these days was to put any user modified files into \Users\Saved Games\DCS... to avoid editing the core sim files but there are two cases I know of where this does not work. I've tried recreating the correct directory structures in Saved Games but can't get them to work in there at all.

They are:-

The "ViewportHandling.lua" - for repositioning the kneeboard

The "init.lua" files - for outputting RWR, TV etc in the SA-342

Weird thing is, the ViewportHandling.lua file edit failed an integrity check but the init.lua files didn't.

Are these particular files yet to be moved to the Saved Games folders or am I missing something and doing it wrong? I'd like to reposition my kneeboard without failing an integrity check. Surely I should be able to do that?

Also, would it be possible to reposition the kneeboard differently for each aircraft? The "ViewportHandling.lua" file is under \DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit so will be the same for all aircraft. Not much flexibility there.

I thought the general trend these days was to put any user modified files into \Users\Saved Games\DCS... to avoid editing the core sim files but there are two cases I know of where this does not work. I've tried recreating the correct directory structures in Saved Games but can't get them to work in there at all.

They are:-

The "ViewportHandling.lua" - for repositioning the kneeboard

The "init.lua" files - for outputting RWR, TV etc in the SA-342

Weird thing is, the ViewportHandling.lua file edit failed an integrity check but the init.lua files didn't.

Are these particular files yet to be moved to the Saved Games folders or am I missing something and doing it wrong? I'd like to reposition my kneeboard without failing an integrity check. Surely I should be able to do that?

Also, would it be possible to reposition the kneeboard differently for each aircraft? The "ViewportHandling.lua" file is under \DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit so will be the same for all aircraft. Not much flexibility there.

Doesn't work for a lot of files. The kneeboard repositioning is tricky. Integrity check can be passed but you'd have to create a couple of extra files in the main directory. There is a working solution on the forums, use the search. I recommwnt using OvGME to reapply mods after ED updates the sim.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

I thought the general trend these days was to put any user modified files into \Users\Saved Games\DCS... to avoid editing the core sim files …

Not really … \Saved GAmes\ allows you to safely ADD additional content to DCS: additional liveries, additional objects, additional aircrafts & vehicles, additional pages to the kneeboard, etc.

It is not a means to replace configuration files already existing at \Program Files\ and thus it wont work for the kind of modding that you want.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Doesn't work for a lot of files. The kneeboard repositioning is tricky. Integrity check can be passed but you'd have to create a couple of extra files in the main directory. There is a working solution on the forums, use the search. I recommwnt using OvGME to reapply mods after ED updates the sim.

I did search and found how to reposition the kneeboard but didn't come across the workaround at the time. Thanks for the heads up - searched again and found it. Tested it and it works. Nice one. I do use OVGME btw. Only way to go really.

It would be nice if they'd made it possible to move the kneeboard and pass an integrity check without having to resort to workarounds. It's only a kneeboard after all. Hardly a crime to want to reposition it is it?

Anyway. Solution found. Many thanks.