Flight Model

Tiger-II

Hi,

Overall the flight model feels solid and handles beautifully! Great job!

I have flown it enough now to report a couple of issues:

1) At gear up, if the stick is deflected at all from center in pitch, there is a sudden increase in pitch rate the instant the gear is fully retracted***.

2) It hates any form of asymmetric loadout. In fact, it's borderline uncontrollable during takeoff.

3) Drag of dual pylons and fuel tanks feels excessive.

*** There is a small pitch moment while the gear retracts. Great detail! However it is not this to which I refer. It's like the flight control pitch gain suddenly changes the instant all gear are up and locked.

Edited by Tiger-II

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

While DCS modules often have problems with stores drag, I have a hunch these are pretty close. It’s designed for a very small payload, it’s the price of being 80% the size of F-16. Pakistan flies it with 4 AAM just like Mirage 2000 we have. They only use dual racks for the smaller bombs. They also have been using MiG-21 fuel tanks recently, which have less drag despite less fuel

BA56FFDC-5D7A-477F-A06C-8F8FC000CF1F.thumb.png.1b4a971b8eae2d6bbf7b37ffa9e2385d.png

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg