F18 HSI position info not working

Is anyone having problems with the plane position not being shown on the HSI? It shows you where you are at mission start but then doesn't move. Total pain for navigation. Distance to waypoints doesn't change either. Yes the INS is aligned and in the NAV mode. A recent update must have broken it.

Do you have the INS switch (on the right console) in the "NAV" position?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 months later...

I am having this problem as well, in the fam flight out of Nellis for the first flying mission of the FA-18C Aggressors BFM campaign. I am aligning the nav system properly (ins knob to gnd, wait for OK, knob to nav) and the mission date is in 2014, so the GPS thing shouldn't be an issue. The HSI turns with the aircraft heading, but does not update the aircraft position.

Interestingly, if I do a cold/dark start instant action at Nellis in the FA-18, and do the exact same startup procedure I'm doing in the campaign, the nav system works perfectly. There must be some setting you can tweak when creating missions that inadvertently or not disables GPS position updates - not that I'd know. I'm far too new at this sim to have fooled with the editor at all.

You have to align the system.on your HSI:

1- Make waypoint 0 your TGT point by pushing the WPDSG button.

2- hit the UPDT button.

3- Push the DSG button.

4- Push the ACPT button.

Done.

Edited by Odey

i5-10600KF, 16Gb DDR4, GTX1660 Super, HP Reverb G2, TM Cougar, TM Warthog

You have to align the system.on your HSI:

1- Make waypoint 0 your TGT point by pushing the WPDSG button.

2- hit the UPDT button.

3- Push the DSG button.

4- Push the ACPT button.

Done.

This didn't work for me, but aligning it to the Nellis TACAN did.

Interesting. Glad you’re up and running. I’ll double check the procedure. Sorry if I pointed you in the wrong direction.

I'm not sure you did. Or at least, you're not the only one saying it, and you saying it led me to a post with the solution. Most of the advice I've seen suggests your procedure. I only found one place that listed your procedure followed by "and if that doesn't work" use TACAN. I think it might be something specific to this mission that's making the waypoint align not work properly. I did notice somewhere that the campaign creator referred to it as a bug that they were looking into.

Thanks for the help!

You’re welcome. I have to ask, what mission ?. I’ve made it to the mig29 but haven’t noticed any problem yet.

I see. Great campaign, you’ll really enjoy it. If there’s any advice could give you...set your RADAR ALT on the HSI to 2000-3000 feet and watch your fuel.