C-101 Pictorial Start-up Guide

Johnny Dioxin

• 3 years later...

Files gone. Never mind, I appreciate the effort. The official stuff is really, really poor. I suppose a bunch of it has been screwed up due to DCS changes, but really, if it's still for sale it should be updated, or at least links to up-to-date videos or forum entries added if it's too much work to change the missions. I only bought the damn thing a month ago.

I just 'completed' the Eagle anti-ship missile tutorial. The plane starts in cloud that extends all the way to sea level and you're basically following instructions whilst staring at a light grey screen. It would be better off not having such a tutorial at all, the only thing it achieves is frustration.

25 minutes ago, Bashibazouk said:

Files gone. Never mind, I appreciate the effort.

I checked my stash, and I´m almost sure that this was the document:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26gfg-WOhqnEw5vfl9kA?e=7xi4oQ

The official stuff is really, really poor.

I dont think its poor, but it could certainly be better. You can use  Chuck's Guide as many find it clearer:

https://chucksguides.com/aircraft/dcs/c-101cc/

I only bought the damn thing a month ago.

The C-101 was one of my first modules, I purchased it on January 2015, for US$ 42 ... it has come a long way, updating its original Simple Flight Model to a very faithful EFM, redone its external 3D Model, redone the cockpit, improved its multicrew capabilities, and adding the CC version .. I enjoyed it for a long while  🙂

I just 'completed' the Eagle anti-ship missile tutorial. The plane starts in cloud that extends all the way to sea level and you're basically following instructions whilst staring at a light grey screen. It would be better off not having such a tutorial at all, the only thing it achieves is frustration.

Try to learn the Mission Editor, you can easily change the weather of a mission and correct any of its details if needed ... I know, the mission should come correct right out of the box, but learning the ME is a useful skill to have for playing DCS.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB