[REPORTED]Mustang egine soundcuts out after update

Quazi

P-51 engine sound cuts out in Instant Action Normandy dogfight. Just started happening as of 2.5.6.43503 Beta update.

i7-7700K 4.5mhz 2080 TI

edit: Sound cuts out in any map/mission for P-51, either WMR-VR or console. Eventually returns from no sound to normal volume and does this several times during mission.

dcs.txt.zip

Edited by Quazi
attched log

1. In 2.5.6 the engine sounds at the start of the Mustang Charnwood campaign (and no doubt all the way through thereafter) are all messed up. The engine sound has become a weird phut-phut-phut at start, which is not the case in the stable version.

2. Over certain speeds, under certain conditions (to replicate just dive a mustang in the Chranwood campaign and get the speed above 450) the sound does a really weird horror movie thing whereby almost every sound cuts out except a high-pitched whistle. It's like the opening sequence of Saving Private Ryan - the landings - where you get almost silence because the troops are in shock or something, or concussed. I guess this effect is not intended.

3. Most of the flak bursts seem to have disappeared from the Charnwood campaign (maybe elsewhere too). Sometimes there's NO flak bursts. There is a lot of flak in the Charnwood Pony campaign in the stable release, making it very stuttery. It's less stuttery in OB now, but I'm guessing the flak shouldn't really have just vanished. Mentioned here because I wonder if the flak causing stutters is a sound file loading issue, which doesn't happen as much in 2.5.6, but that's not the intended solution, I suppose.

• 4 weeks later...

P-51 Normandy Map POPPING - BACKFIRE

I continue to get a odd sound of popping or engine backfires when i load in "cold and dark" into the Normandy instant action map. This occurres while I'm sitting on the ramp with the cockpit open before start up.

I don't seem to have it in any other place.

:joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh there are no fighter pilots down in hell,

The place is full of queers, navigators, bombardiers,

but there are no fighter pilots down in hell!

• ED Team

Hi all

engine sounds dropping for props sometimes has been reported tot he team

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2