Steam gauge covers/lenses

Ziptie

Night mission, take the active runway - vehicles spot light the runway for you. Crazy behavior of the steam gauges. The lights should obviously be creating a glare/reflection of some kind - but this just seems to shade out the gauges (similar to when loading into the F-14B and the different textures are loading - boxing many indicator lights and steam gauge assemblies).

As soon as you create distance between yourself and the illuminating / spot light truck(s) - the problem goes away.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

[ATTACH]227439[/ATTACH]

same thing also happens when the formation lights are turned on :(

That perfectly pictures what I experienced as well. For one, glad I'm not the only one who noticed or was affected. Secondly, glad that you were smart enough to take a screen shot. I use VR and didn't think about it until after I had exited DCS for the day - also not sure if the screen capture bit would really have been able to capture it as clearly as yours.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria