Advanced Haze and Water Artifacting

Guest ruggbutt

Direct X 9.0c is installed. All drivers of the 65.xx series to current, even the betas do this.

Did you uninstall your ATI drivers before plugging you new nvidia card? If not, download this : http://www2.ati.com/drivers/cat-uninstaller.exe

It will remove every trace of your ATI drivers. Reboot and if you still have the same problem, uninstall you nvidia drivers via Add/Remove programs, then reboot and don't let windows install its own drivers. Cancel it and reinstall the latest ones.

Good luck.

Guest ruggbutt

Yes I uninstalled the ATI drivers. It has to do w/the advanced haze shaders. As I stated I had a 9800XT in this rig and had no issues. The only problem is that I've heard of 9800Pro guys having these same problems, so I don't know if it's a driver issue or what. I believe it's related to the advanced haze shaders. I know all of you are getting vertical striations in the mountains, everyone has them.

Just for grins I have a ghosted image of a clean windows install. No drivers, just Windows XP, SP2. I installed new nVidia drivers and LOMAC and am still getting the same kinds of stuff at the shorelines. It's something in the game.

thats a nasty bug for sure my 9600 xt doesnt do that im useing cats 4.9

with a 2.3ghz nforce 2 system 1 gb of corsair

strange stuff

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

• 1 year later...

Did they ever find a fix for this? I tried advanced haze today with my 6800GS and saw the shadows flashing in the mountains... kind of looked like a dark type of Virga. (image google it :) ) I went back to basic and its fine. Havent really checked the shoreline thing...

• ED Team
Did they ever find a fix for this? I tried advanced haze today with my 6800GS and saw the shadows flashing in the mountains... kind of looked like a dark type of Virga. (image google it :) ) I went back to basic and its fine. Havent really checked the shoreline thing...

The shadow-flashing bug, or whatever, is a bug with the clouds casting shadows on the mountains.

ED has said they don't have enough time as of now to find a fix.