Control LANTIRN stabilization

steelrfan85

I am trying to figure out how to designate a target. I have had QDES set, I have tried Point track and nothing is locking onto the target. Am I missing something. Also I am in a shallow orbit and like other aircraft you can slew to the target and the POD will stay on that object but in the tomcat it's always moving, so I am having to fight it with the slew which is obviously not helping the situation. Can someone inform me what I am doing wrong? I finally got the LANTIRN working in the pilot seat with the mod and now I can't drop any bombs. I know it's not realistic but I don't usually have a human RIO and Jester can't control it, so I have to myself. I It's frustrating. Thank you.

I have mapped Point track mode and nothing happens. Also did a keyboard and still shows AREA down in bottom of screen. I can get QHUD and QNOS with me S4 Hat, but QDES does not show up. I know I have it mapped correctly because I can cycle left and right with the laser digits. It show QDES as the first option on S4 Hat right.

The LANTIRN is very picky about the contrast compared to LITENING. You can help the pod by zooming out, changing from BHOT to WHOT or vice versa and if all else fails you can try adjusting the gain manually to make the target pop a little more.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

To info, my understanding and own exeperince show that you need to be inn "WHOT"mode to get the point-track to work. (then you can if needed switch to "BHOT" mode).

Regrads to "QDES" you need to use "second-stage" trigger before the QDES will work.

Brgds

S.

Any feedback/advice or comments are highly appreciated

Have a great day 🙂

Brgds

FighterNCO