Follow up Radar Question

CBenson89

If you turn on the radar cooling switch before you turn the radar from off to standby and the. Leave the coolant running will that interfere with the radar. Also does the alignment interfere with the radar in any way at all? I restarted the vegas cold start f14 mission several times yesterday and couldn’t get the radar to work. I finally started the radar without moving the cooling switch to on until I was airborne. I also set my Own AC and home base positions in the nav computer and the radar worked fine. Thank you all for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cooling must be on the ENTIRE TIME the AWG-9 is running. I don't know if it's in the module yet, but things can get.......exciting......if you run it without coolant for too long.

Alignment can mess up radar since the AWG-9 uses the INS for dish positioning, as well as for turning the radar signal into the nice TID display.

I would say once you turn the weapons control systems (WCS switch) from the off position it needs to be on. Standby counts also as "on" for this purpose as the system is up and running its just sitting there waiting until you tell it to radiate something.

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels