One more with a FPS drop issue

I should start by saying this is in stable version and in single player.

I am new to this game but my PC is also new I just built around xmas. It is a good PC and runs other games without issue in max setting but no I am running VR. I have tried various graphics settings nad followed thuds settings. I have run with repojection on and off and it doesnt matter. I still get FPS drops around in game assets like the Carrier or airports mostly. Any airport in the PG map is awful for FPS drops.

I have tried running two cores dedicated to dcs and all cores. I also set priority to high. I have seen one or two cores hit 100% or very close to it.

DCS is running on a samsung 970 PRO NVME.

CPU temps stay below 63c and GPU temp stays under 55. RAM usage is over 12 and 13gb. Paging file is set over 19gb.

Should hyper threading be turned off or any other settings in BIOS be changed? I remember back when battlefield 4 came out they said to turn off hyper threading since it caused stutters and FPS drops. THey later fixed the issue.

Also GPU usage is always below 70% and sometimes dips to 20% or less. My GPU is overclocked and I have run it a stock settings. Nothing makes a difference. I also get these FPS drops without VR on my 1080p monitor. Now FPS is always going to vary but this is dropping to less than 20.

Could the FPS drops be caused by the headset loosing tracking for some reason while my head is moving?

I am hoping that ED will see how popular VR is getting and optimize more for it.

PC specs are below.

Edited by BMGZ06

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

Too many factors to give you any advice, there could just be multiplayer stutters that your not going to fix w/ any hardware. But all those setting you did change, priority, cores etc i would of not done and maybe look at other things.. windows settings etc.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

I should start by saying this is in stable version and in single player.

I am new to this game but my PC is also new I just built around xmas. It is a good PC and runs other games without issue in max setting but no I am running VR. I have tried various graphics settings nad followed thuds settings. I have run with repojection on and off and it doesnt matter. I still get FPS drops around in game assets like the Carrier or airports mostly. Any airport in the PG map is awful for FPS drops.

I have tried running two cores dedicated to dcs and all cores. I also set priority to high. I have seen one or two cores hit 100% or very close to it.

DCS is running on a samsung 970 PRO NVME.

CPU temps stay below 63c and GPU temp stays under 55. RAM usage is over 12 and 13gb. Paging file is set over 19gb.

Should hyper threading be turned off or any other settings in BIOS be changed? I remember back when battlefield 4 came out they said to turn off hyper threading since it caused stutters and FPS drops. THey later fixed the issue.

Also GPU usage is always below 70% and sometimes dips to 20% or less. My GPU is overclocked and I have run it a stock settings. Nothing makes a difference. I also get these FPS drops without VR on my 1080p monitor. Now FPS is always going to vary but this is dropping to less than 20.

Could the FPS drops be caused by the headset loosing tracking for some reason while my head is moving?

I am hoping that ED will see how popular VR is getting and optimize more for it.

PC specs are below.

Have you tried deleting the fxo/metashaders files in the saved games folders?

I had a similar problem to you on almost identical hardware, where I'd get horrifically bad framerates when sitting on the ground at airports, and what seems to consistently fix the issue for me is to quit DCS and delete those files. Then, at least for the next session, the problem is mostly fixed, at least until I land.

I haven't had time to try every one of the modules I own, but the hornet seems to be very consistent about this.

Have you tried deleting the fxo/metashaders files in the saved games folders?

I had a similar problem to you on almost identical hardware, where I'd get horrifically bad framerates when sitting on the ground at airports, and what seems to consistently fix the issue for me is to quit DCS and delete those files. Then, at least for the next session, the problem is mostly fixed, at least until I land.

I haven't had time to try every one of the modules I own, but the hornet seems to be very consistent about this.

I have tried that and it did not seem to help. I have since found some relief and increased my RAM today which helped a bit but in the Hornet the FPS can get to the low 30's on the Nellis AFB parking area. Or when I fly a mission like a 4 v 4 the fps will drop to the 30's or lower with all those planes flying around. I am also running the 2.5.5 stable release. The Tomcat is pretty also the same.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.