Radio issue - only get Interphone

Hi

I have just come back to the Mi-8 after a long time away and I'm trying to do the first campaign mission.

I am not getting any response from ground when I'm calling in on the radio. I'm using complex radio. Every time I press the button for either ICS or radio I get Interphone showing up at the top of the menu.

I am reasonably sure that I am doing everything else right but I'm assuming that the fact that the menu has Interphone at the top indicates that it is trying to transmit through internal only. I have the switch set to radio, it's set to R-683 in the rotary selector, and it's set to Manual next to the frequency selector. I'm stumped.

Any help, much appreciated.

Cheers!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive

You may or may not recall that the real thing has a dual-trigger switch on the stick which acts as an intercom or radio depending on how far you press it. Default binding provided for Warthog stick for this module acts the same way, so if you haven't reassigned it, it should still work. Half trigger for intercom, full for radio If I recall correctly (yes, menu should indeed show "R-863").

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Also make sure that when you're starting up the Mi-8, you do not switch on Laryngophone. That switch is located on the co-pilot's side above the head, where you turn on various systems.

If I recall correctly, this will route all your coms to intercom only, regardless of which radio button you press.

Danger zone!

Yep. VWJ that seems like the likely culprit. I think I just flicked every switch on the basis that it was probably needed.

It hasn't happened since. The next time I fired up the helo I flicked every switch on my Warthog in case it was something that had been bound to one of those but the laryngophone issue seems far more likely.

Cheers!

CptT

CPU: Intel Core i5 4590 3.3GHz, RAM: 32GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3, GFX: EVGA GTX 1080, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Joy: TM Warthog, Peds: CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR3, VR: Vive