Mission 3 - Pilot dead?

blaster182

I've played mission 3 twice and both times, a pop-up windows "Pilot dead ??? Mission failed ???" has appeared and I have not been able to return in time to Batumi before the mission is forcefully ended. It seems from the debriefing screen that both Gazelle pilots have died and my final score is 50 - not enough to continue in the campaign.

I'm running open beta 2.5.6.45915

Is there a fix for this or a way to skip this mission? EDIT: I've skipped the mission now by editing logbook.lua.

Apart from this, two thumbs up for this excellently designed campaign, I enjoy it very much :thumbup::thumbup:

Edited by blaster182

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

Hey

The mission will be updated in the coming week with the next Beta update.

The problem is related to the UH-1 damage model. Your pilot gets shot and for the scoring system he is dead, but he refuses to day in the Game.

So the mission is actually playable when avoiding to catch too many groundfire.

Keep more distance to the enemy so more bullets pass you by. :pilotfly:

Always happy landings ;)

Hey

The mission will be updated in the coming week with the next Beta update.

The problem is related to the UH-1 damage model. Your pilot gets shot and for the scoring system he is dead, but he refuses to day in the Game.

So the mission is actually playable when avoiding to catch too many groundfire.

Keep more distance to the enemy so more bullets pass you by. :pilotfly:

Thank you for the quick reply! I only heard a single bullet hit on my second attempt, the enemy must be a lucky shot :-)

I fared much better in mission 4 and am now looking forward to continue the campaign.

Again, excellent work! And thanks for the constant updates, improvements and support.

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5