RB15 options

DeMonteur

Recently I tested RB15 in ANF mode with VALB so options from adresses 81-88 TAKT. I found some things I consider as bugs:

adresses 83x and 86x seems to doesen't have any effect.

Regardless of preseted code 831000 for flying in 30m above sea the missile fly in about 10m. This was overriden only by code 800004 where it climbs to 30m above sea.

Also overflying logic above ground does not work. Missile should fly in 80m according to manual, and flies in about 9m above low land and hit any obstruction higher than 10m instead.

The last thing is missiles hitting wather after the Bx7 turn or defensive turn just before ship. I cannot find any way how to prevent it.

In first trackfile is test of 860000 code which should set for missile target approach in 10 meters instead it was in sea skimming.

Second track file I tested if codes 831000 and 860000 together with 800004 have any effect. Missile flies in 10m and hop in 30 only for bearing search and when aqired target descend to sea skim.

Third trackfile shows missile hitting the wather after turning defensive turn. I think here could be problem with 135 degree limit of turning but the on board computer allow the release of missiles.

RB15code860000notwork.trk

RB15codeBEARING30mAppTA10.trk

RB15hitWater.trk

Edited by DeMonteur

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to report this a year ago but forgot about it.

I had the very same issue last year.

Was especialy looking for adresses 83 and 86, as I wanted to hit ships behind a harbour wall.

Thus a 30m cruise and 10m final approach would be way more useful than 10m cruise and sea skimming approach...

Was only possible with RB04 at that time... Looks like it still is.

What was 800004 for again?

Alias in Discord: Mailman

Look like noone noticed this bugreport. I probably chosed wrong name for the problem.

You can edit your post:

Click button "edit", then click button "go advanced", and then you may rewrite the "Title".

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1