Steam Transfers Question

So I have looked all over and there is conflicting information given all the changes with Steam and modules activating in standalone. So I started playing DCS in Steam because I have 100+ titles already in it. However I am increasing frustrated with Steam and DCS sales/modules/offers not matching up and being degraded on Steam so I am thinking about switching to standalone. I have:

DCS: A-10C Warthog

DCS: Black Shark 2

DCS: F-14 Tomcat

DCS: F-16C Viper

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS: M-2000C

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight

DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map

DCS: P-51D Mustang

DCS: Persian Gulf Map

DCS: SA342 Gazelle

DCS: UH-1H Huey

DCS: Su-33 for DCS World

My Question is, if I transfer these from Steam to Standalone, do they exist then in both, or will they deactivate from Steam altogether? Will they all transfer? I don't want to have to launch from steam to play the F-14, and then close and launch standalone to fly the f-16, etc...

It would be nice if the Steam Modules sticky was updated with a little information. Thanks guys!

i9-12900K - EVGA 3090 FTW - 64GB DDR5 5600 - HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Hi

They will exist in both,

Just link your steam account to your dcs account and you are good to go.

They will remain on steam, you can also still use steam to make purchases.

Bare in mind you can not us module bought on our Eshop for steam.

hope that helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So I have looked all over and there is conflicting information given all the changes with Steam and modules activating in standalone. So I started playing DCS in Steam because I have 100+ titles already in it. However I am increasing frustrated with Steam and DCS sales/modules/offers not matching up and being degraded on Steam so I am thinking about switching to standalone. I have:

DCS: A-10C Warthog

DCS: Black Shark 2

DCS: F-14 Tomcat

DCS: F-16C Viper

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

DCS: Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS: M-2000C

DCS: Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight

DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map

DCS: P-51D Mustang

DCS: Persian Gulf Map

DCS: SA342 Gazelle

DCS: UH-1H Huey

DCS: Su-33 for DCS World

My Question is, if I transfer these from Steam to Standalone, do they exist then in both, or will they deactivate from Steam altogether? Will they all transfer? I don't want to have to launch from steam to play the F-14, and then close and launch standalone to fly the f-16, etc...

It would be nice if the Steam Modules sticky was updated with a little information. Thanks guys

!

I bound my steam account to the DCS standalone (I have there only old type license key modules) and they all work in standalone. Even if the Steam client is off or I have another account logged in.

Just now, when I tried it asked me for the key for the Flamming Cliffs 3 - maybe I was at the end of some validation period, or maybe it was because I was logged to different Steam account (or both): I swapped STEAM account to the correct one, restarted DCS, works, no validation/key request.

So I tried to turn off the Steam client and even log in with non-bounded account - both times DCS started without any issue.

Thus I have hardly any valid conclusion - maybe it was just an general validation issue that is known to happen sometimes. Anyway, it clearly do not require the 2 services to be running at the same time (Steam+DCS) to run DCS standalone with Steam-licensed modules once the Steam is bounded to you DCS account. (Unlike another game shared with other service and Steam).

P.S. I do not have Steam DCS downloaded in parallel with the standalone - due to the HDD usage. But it should be possible to have them both and run either standalone or Steam. Most likely not from the 2 PC at the same time (???). But I see no deactivation of the products in my STEAM inventory.