PVI looks completely different depending on mission?

Spirit X

I recently downloaded Ricardo's HD cockpit mod for the Ka-50 in DCS World and something funky seems to be going on.

If I load up, for example, a basic free flight or and Instant Action Cold Start, the PVI looks great:

RPETf3O.jpg

...BUT..if i go into some of the missions I've downloaded, or Instant Action Shooting Gallery, it looks totally awful and I cannot see what the display is actually showing at all:

S3p4XSH.jpg

Does anyone know what on earth is going on here, it's really ruining lots of my missions because I just cannot use the PVI at all!

Where is the sun in these pictures? Looks like the PVI is in the shadows in the first and lit by the sun on the second.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Good thought but it's not that. The PVI is either like in the first pic or the second pic for the entire mission regardless of orientation of the chopper or weather. For instance, if I play the Ka-50 'Deployment' campaign, it looks like the second pic for every mission and never changes.

There are other differences in the pit too, I just picked the most obvious and annoying. It seems that the game loads two different versions of the pit for me and I just cannot figure out why it's doing it.

Are you running stable or OB?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Ok, well I'm pretty sure I'm up to date. I've run the updater and it didn't update anything and my version says 2.5.5.41371.

So I guess my default cockpit must be the new one but using that pit I find that I cannot tell when a lot of the buttons are on or off, specifically the targeting buttons (turn to target, ground moving target) and the buttons around the edge of the PVI like the Waypoint button. There seems to be no difference on the buttons whether they're lit or not....which is why I sought out Ricardo's mod.

Oh yeah i tottaly forgot. There is a new and much better looking cockpit available but only on the open beta of dcs. I havent had any big issues with the open beta so i recommend u to play on the open beta. The new cockpit is much better imo. U can download the open beta on dcs site. It will use a lot of the files that the stable version uses so u wont have to download too much.

It does look like the same model and textures in both images.. I also guess that the lighting is different between missions...

I wouldn't suggest you try the beta branch of the software if you're still new. Let the rest of us work out the bugs first, but yes, there is a new cockpit model on the way for you :)