On On Switch

iKyrThraad993i

If the switch has 3 wires, only connecting 2 of them should make it seem like on-off.

i.e:

ON1 ON2

Depending on the mechanical layout inside the switch:

Pins 1 and 2 will be connected when the switch is at ON2, but disconnected at ON1.

Pins 2 and 3 will be connected when the switch is at ON1, but disconnected at ON2.

The connection-to-lever configuration may vary by switch type.

You can create a virtual device with vjoy and set up how it behaves with joystick gremlin. That way when you flick a ON/OFF switch to OFF, it can fire a button for you anyway. Don't need to find a ON/ON switch.

I did this for my button panel, which has a mix of switch types.

You don't have to do any LUA this way, and it just works whatever game you want to use it for.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

Also, if you use 3rd party software to program ON/OFF switches to send two commands, you’ll only use half of the inputs on your board vs. using ON/ON switches.

Personally I prefer one less layer between me and DCS and don't use any 3rd party software. My rig has SPDT and SP3T switches for all the inputs...that aren't 10 or 12 position rotary, analog, or encoder, at least. Yes, more pins on the board; I2C or more boards will fix that.

That doesn't mean 3rd party software is bad; it's a trade off. If you're just starting out you need to decide for yourself which way is better for you and your situation.

I just got some Carling on-on switches from zoro.com. I’m too lazy to get up right now to get the part # for you but zoro has a really good drill-down. Should take you less then a minute to find it.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

Agree. I think it's more robust to have each position connected

Personally I prefer one less layer between me and DCS and don't use any 3rd party software. My rig has SPDT and SP3T switches for all the inputs...that aren't 10 or 12 position rotary, analog, or encoder, at least. Yes, more pins on the board; I2C or more boards will fix that.

That doesn't mean 3rd party software is bad; it's a trade off. If you're just starting out you need to decide for yourself which way is better for you and your situation.