Cougar throttle serial number

Magoo5150

Hey guys, I just received my Cougar throttle from eBay and have heard that the "later" versions did not have an issue with the speed brake switch compared to the earlier ones. This one is serial # 25080. Can anyone tell me if that is past the speed brake problem? I went ahead and proactively ordered the C-MUK hall sensor upgrade for it but hoping everything else works fine. She looks like she's in good shape at least!

Hey guys, I just received my Cougar throttle from eBay and have heard that the "later" versions did not have an issue with the speed brake switch compared to the earlier ones. This one is serial # 25080. Can anyone tell me if that is past the speed brake problem?

It certainly isn't an early one, mine is #5197, so probably yours is OK. The issue you refer to is a slight misalignment between the exterior guide of the button and the inner switch .. I fixed it, by rotating the exterior part with a plier and has worked fine since 2003, as sugested on the attached article.

FrugalsWorld - Speedbrake (T9 T10) alignment.pdf

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB