'Clear Model' option for Model Viewer 2

Hi,

Can we have this option so that when designing liveries we can quickly clear down the model that is within the app window/main memory?

So, that it frees-up the link/lock placed on the files?

Saving time of loading it up all the time. Which would allow faster prototyping/testing of livery designs?

Thanks! :)

Edited by freelancer2011

Interesting...

I feel lik eit used to load it up and then close the file immediately so you could make damn near real time edits... I mean you'd have to go through your export workflow and all that but then you'd just hit refresh in the viewer and bam... good to go :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Hi :)

I have to concede - I'm new :)

Could it be that I've just missed seeing an option in the drop-down menu to do this?

For example, there's no File > New / Clear etc. Could it be that I've not spotted it in the drop-down menus?

Note, I'm not after 'reset'. I'm after an actual option that will clear the MV screen of the current displayed model. Like MS Word or Excel when you close the file but keep the app running.

My recent design has included me working on template PSDs.

Then, I convert them to DDS files.

I have 2 folders:

C:\...\Staging\a-10.zip;

C:\Eagle Dynamics\...\Bazar\world\textures\a-10.zip

(there is a 3rd and it contains backups)

Anyhow, I then copy the DDS file/s into the Staging copy of the zip. Then, I copy and paste the zip into the actual, live folder location.

But, I can't do this if the A-10.EDM file is open in ModelViewer. I've noticed that it will work if MV is open but doesn't have the file open.

And, the cycle of making a change with the above process and then loading-up MV each time is very time-consuming.

So, hence the request.

If anyone can see from that perspective if there's a faster/efficient/safer way or an option I've missed in the drop-down menu, please let me know.

Thanks.

Edited by freelancer2011