Beta or not?

Borderline

The Beta seems to be the general way to go if you are going to play on line.

The stable has updated but until very recently it was the only way to get the newer features

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

If you are going to play online only, you’ll need both installs since the servers alternate between OB and Stable, depending on which is more current. It’s a frustrating situation that they all gravitate to the latest patch whatever it is.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Hello!

Beta seems to pump out the new content fairly early...albeit very unstable, incomplete and buggy.

I have been flying on Eagle Dynamics products since before DCS was even an idea. I exclusively play online and still choose the Stable or Alpha version. I simply prefer to learn how to fly the aircraft to the absolute edge of its envelope and learn all of its systems without any or very very few changes. In beta, you'll experience changes almost weekly

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] "Keep it above the trees." :joystick: -xHUGHBACCAx

Hello!

Beta seems to pump out the new content fairly early...albeit very unstable, incomplete and buggy.

I have been flying on Eagle Dynamics products since before DCS was even an idea. I exclusively play online and still choose the Stable or Alpha version. I simply prefer to learn how to fly the aircraft to the absolute edge of its envelope and learn all of its systems without any or very very few changes. In beta, you'll experience changes almost weekly

You missed that it's now monthly.

The answer to the OP is to choose OB because multiplayer chooses to exist there and ED have decided to honour that by increasing the testing on OB and increasing the tester pool for OB. All the changes to the cadence of releases happened fairly recently, so the previous posts vary in accuracy - the last two monthly patches have been larger changes with less upset, anything else is fake news.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *