Keyword database update not working...other issues as well

Muskoka

Thought I'd try the VSPX processing. When selected it gives these instructions.

vaicom1.jpg.5dfde11b067f2984030ab3a04d05d054.jpg

The paste function is simply not working. Multipart commands are consolidated, I delete the existing string of commands from the box, cursor is still in the box, try to paste but nothing is there. Even if you right click with the mouse in the box, the paste function is grayed out.

Also, pressing the test button in the editor does nothing. It sits for minutes on end with no update in the va window, it's not doing anything.

While I'm at it, I'm finding some commands don't work. For instance the jtac command, from the manual page 48, " In addition to these there are additional commands for JTAC, such as Repeat Brief, " that command returns nothing, although it's recognized in the va window. The brief is not repeated. I've found others, but I'll start with that, as it may be due to the keywords not updating when switching to VSPX?

Tried with va run as administrator, and not, no difference. I have the Vaicom Pro license, with chatter.

Edited by Muskoka

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

Hi. Try manually clicking the the "Finish" button and paste into a text editor of your choice, to make sure VAICOM extracts the keywords from the database to the clipboard.

The "run as admin" is a requirement by Voice Attack to run plugins. (While it may work without it in certain situations).

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi. Try manually clicking the the "Finish" button and paste into a text editor of your choice, to make sure VAICOM extracts the keywords from the database to the clipboard.

The "run as admin" is a requirement by Voice Attack to run plugins. (While it may work without it in certain situations).

Hi Max, that's what I've been doing. Once out of maybe 10 attempts did the paste work, and that was in notepad ++, but never in the box where it should be in vaicom.

I do run as admin all the time, just thought I'd try once without to see if there was a difference.

i5 11600k 4.9ghz, 64gb 3600, 3070ti, multiple ssd/nvme, Rift S, TM Warthog / Throttle, Saitek Pedals, Nevada, Normandy, Syria, A10C/2, KA-50 3, P51D, L39, Huey, WW2 Assets, VaicomPro

Hi Max, that's what I've been doing. Once out of maybe 10 attempts did the paste work, and that was in notepad ++, but never in the box where it should be in vaicom.

I do run as admin all the time, just thought I'd try once without to see if there was a difference.

Get it. We'll that's a bummer. It did happen to me once though. I think I just solved by restarting VA. Maybe even the computer. But I'm sure you already tried that.

Have you made many changes to the keywords list?

You said the "test" don't work as well?

The test does nothing, tried multiple times. I did reset everything except my keys, so debugging was back on. Didn't see anything that looked odd.

In the keywords editor, you will not get feedback on your VA profile with the TEST button

VSPX Processing, manual page 17.

If you have a corrupt database, you can try clearing keywords with the Reset tab.

Grtz

Thanks, missed that on page 17.

The manual step "Finish" is not working at my end. When I push "Finish" nothing is being sent to the windows clipboard. Once, out of maybe 10 tries it did, but only when I pasted the contents to Notepad++. Never when I try to do the manual step "Finish" from page 36 of the manual. Actually it's worked once, but I got a warning about "Large number of dynamic commands created" said it's going to create 20631 dynamic commands?

Can you please also comment on "some" commands not working (mentioned in my first post). I'm doing my own jtac training in the A10C, and I'd like the ability to ask for the brief again. It say's in the manual, page 48, you can give the command "Repeat Brief", which doesn't exit as a command phrase, but I did try "Repeat", which does exist, but nothing happens in Dcs. The command is recognized as a good command in the va window.

Should add, I have reset everything, except my keys.

Edited by Muskoka

I have a similar issue every time i start VA up. The Finish button is yellow so I click it then try to update the keywords as usual but the Apply button never goes active.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

I have a similar issue every time i start VA up. The Finish button is yellow so I click it then try to update the keywords as usual but the Apply button never goes active.
It always does that whenever you have v restarted VA. That's why apply won't work, because no change has been made!

Cheers!

I had this problem a while ago - how I solved it was to paste into the text editor and then copy that pasted text to the clipboard - it reset something

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

On the Editor tab try pressing the Test button and see if that resets the Finish button

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

On the Editor tab try pressing the Test button and see if that resets the Finish button

No it doesn't reset it. every time I open VA it still shows the finish button in yellow but does nothing when i update the text in the profile. The Apply button stays grayed out.

I hit the test button and the picture attached shows the result

1553580428_Annotation2020-08-15172717.png.9709ac89a0cd1b548656110dc45964dc.png

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.