Unable to start engines in Mission 1

ZeroReady

I can start the Mi-8 from memory after completing the wonderful Oil Field campaign and most of Spring Tension.

When trying to start in The Crew, first engine RPM rises to 40% then stalls and shuts off. Sometimes if I shutoff fuel and let it wind down and attempt to start again it will light off. Then I start engine 2 and the same thing, it just stalls out at 40% and shuts down. I've tried this several times. I even broke out the checklist to make sure I wasn't missing something. I made a quick mission in ME with just a cold and dark Mi-8 and was able to start it just fine.

I've never had issues starting the Mi-8 before so I have no idea what the problem is. Looking forward to the campaign though!

I can start the Mi-8 from memory after completing the wonderful Oil Field campaign and most of Spring Tension.

When trying to start in The Crew, first engine RPM rises to 40% then stalls and shuts off. Sometimes if I shutoff fuel and let it wind down and attempt to start again it will light off. Then I start engine 2 and the same thing, it just stalls out at 40% and shuts down. I've tried this several times. I even broke out the checklist to make sure I wasn't missing something. I made a quick mission in ME with just a cold and dark Mi-8 and was able to start it just fine.

I've never had issues starting the Mi-8 before so I have no idea what the problem is. Looking forward to the campaign though!

Good day! On an arctic overboard mission with very low temperatures, activate all anti-icing engine sensors above the pilot's head before starting the engine. And repeat this procedure every starting in the arctic.

If this problem occurred in the first or second or third mission, then I will have to check everything.

Did you remember the fuel cut off levers? It sounds to me like the engine isn't getting fuel. They're the red levers above your head.

Yeah I definitely hit the fuel levers. I know the Mi8 like I know my car. It does seem like the engines aren't getting fuel since they won't light off. There is gas in the tank. APU is running, inverter is on, fuel pumps on, rotor brake off, circuit breakers on. Engine switches to left and start, press the button. Engine spools up, fuel lever on, RPM slowly rises to 38% then drops and the engine spools down. I've done it with both engines with the same result.

Yeah I definitely hit the fuel levers. I know the Mi8 like I know my car. It does seem like the engines aren't getting fuel since they won't light off. There is gas in the tank. APU is running, inverter is on, fuel pumps on, rotor brake off, circuit breakers on. Engine switches to left and start, press the button. Engine spools up, fuel lever on, RPM slowly rises to 38% then drops and the engine spools down. I've done it with both engines with the same result.

When creating this mission, I did not make a system of failures and unplanned situations with the helicopter equipment. It's really not clear to me why you are having such a problem. Tell me, does the helicopter start using autostart?

Was also struggle to get the engine running, after about 5 failed attempt the engine spools up as butter with anti ice system, left and right fuel pump and inverter's off. (Only service fuel pump on.)

Not sure if is a bug, but that was doing it for me..

Edited by Olmba

I got them started by restarting the mission using ctrl r, or shift r whatever the command is. After it restarted the engines started just fine. Unfortunately i crashed trying to land on the rooftop. I touched down ok but I forgot to reset trim when lowering collective so I tipped over.