Logitech X52 vs Thrustmaster T16000

out of those two the T16000m FCS HOTAS

the big issue with both of them is the number of usable buttons the T16000m FCS HOTAS has a very good throttle but the stick is going to leave you wanting on hat switches

the x52 will give you slightly better stick but not by much

what you get in the x52 stick dose not beat out the what you get T1600 throttle

IMHO if you are serious about DCS save you money and get a wort hog that is going to last you a life time

Edited by squid509

I actually use an old x52 for my stick and t1600 for the throttle. All those hats on the throttle can’t be beat

Modules: A10C, F5, F14, F16, F18, F86, AV8B, UH1, Mi8, Ka50, FC3, Supercarrier, CA, P47, P51

I actually use an old x52 for my stick and t1600 for the throttle. All those hats on the throttle can’t be beat

Modules: A10C, F5, F14, F16, F18, F86, AV8B, UH1, Mi8, Ka50, FC3, Supercarrier, CA, P47, P51

I didn't realize the t16000 had those hats. I'll have another look at that and may try to get the combination you are using. I'm using an Extreme 3D Pro stick with the throttle from a Thrustmaster T.Flight at the moment. It's a bit awkward coz you can't detach the stick from it.

I didn't realize the t16000 had those hats. I'll have another look at that and may try to get the combination you are using. I'm using an Extreme 3D Pro stick with the throttle from a Thrustmaster T.Flight at the moment. It's a bit awkward coz you can't detach the stick from it.

The x52 is the same, I just put the throttle behind my monitor.

Well hang on: the T.16000m flightstick has only ONE hatswitch, and a tiny throttle slider in the bottom middle.

There is a separate piece, a fancy throttle to match the T.16000m, it's sometimes sold bundled with the stick and sometimes also rudder pedals. It's this throttle, I think it's called the TWCS or something, and it has three hatswitches, a mini-joystick for aiming a cursor or designator. There's several buttons, a two way paddle, and is a good product for a modest price with significant capablity for modern fighter jets!

Well hang on: the T.16000m flightstick has only ONE hatswitch, and a tiny throttle slider in the bottom middle.

There is a separate piece, a fancy throttle to match the T.16000m, it's sometimes sold bundled with the stick and sometimes also rudder pedals. It's this throttle, I think it's called the TWCS or something, and it has three hatswitches, a mini-joystick for aiming a cursor or designator. There's several buttons, a two way paddle, and is a good product for a modest price with significant capablity for modern fighter jets!

Yes. I bought it as a bundle but recently switched back to the x52 stick

Yes. I bought it as a bundle but recently switched back to the x52 stick

I have seen a couple of reviews of the T.16000m throttle saying that its slider has a problem with becoming to stiff and uneven making it a 'no-go' for midair refueling and precision flying.

I have heard the same said about the T.16000m flight stick as well. Not finely tuned enough for these operations.

If this is true then the T.16000m is off my list altogether.

And since the WartHog and CH are also off my list due to them having no paddle or twist for rudder, does anyone know of the next likely candidate setup for me to try?

X52 55 56?

Or perhaps a combination CH trottle and some other brand stick?

IF the t.16000m throttle can be fixed or lubed without voiding the warranty I would consider using that for the throttle because I like the Thrustmaster paddles.

I have seen a couple of reviews of the T.16000m throttle saying that its slider has a problem with becoming to stiff and uneven making it a 'no-go' for midair refueling and precision flying.

I have heard the same said about the T.16000m flight stick as well. Not finely tuned enough for these operations.

If this is true then the T.16000m is off my list altogether.

And since the WartHog and CH are also off my list due to them having no paddle or twist for rudder, does anyone know of the next likely candidate setup for me to try?

X52 55 56?

Or perhaps a combination CH trottle and some other brand stick?

IF the t.16000m throttle can be fixed or lubed without voiding the warranty I would consider using that for the throttle because I like the Thrustmaster paddles.

It’s all about how much you want to spend. Good mid range would be warthog or x52. I bought the t16000 bundle mainly cause my throttle didn’t work well, I wanted rudder pedals, and it was cheap.

If money weren’t an issue then Inwould have gone better

Btw, my throttle doesn’t stick but my rudder pedals do. Go figure.

The absolute best in the price and feature range you are considering is a combination of :

1 - VKB Gladiator NXT (which does offer twist that is far superior to T16000m) ($120 to $150)

2 - Thrustmaster T16000m throttle lubed correctly with Nyogel 767A (this will not void your warranty if used in moderation and correctly) (about ~ $85)

The new Gladiator NXT which includes the VKB SCG Kosmosima grip will pull a giant wedgie up over the head of X52/X55/X56 and knock it the $#@! out :) If you take the time to tinker with and lube the T16000m throttle, it can easily perform carrier landings and in-flight refuelings.

SCG-R-P_750-1.jpg?fit=750%2C750&ssl=1

(The VKB Gladiator NXT)

This list may also help you out:

http://jaytheskepticalengineer.com/fathering-and-hobbies/flight-simming/flight-simming-hardware-list/

Yes...tank you berry much.......your website is great! .....I am looking seriously into your advice on the T1600 "lubejob" and the VKB product you mentioned.

I also might consider stepping up to 32GB memory. (Not sure yet till my new laptop arrives in a few days...with only 16GB in it.) I'm using 24GB right now ... a 16gb and an 8BG together but I have been reading that there may be some imbalance to that setup.

As you may not know.....I am a dedicated "laptop" DCS user......I will never go to a desktop, so I will never use pedals. I hate sitting at a desk. Laptop has to be at least 17.3" though......and they are getting harder to find these days...and I think that is a marketing mistake.

Not sure about the warranty issue.. but yea, take off the bottom plate, then you can grease the throttle rails, and then tighten or loosen the tension for throttle movement to your liking.

• Like 1

The absolute best in the price and feature range you are considering is a combination of :

1 - VKB Gladiator NXT (which does offer twist that is far superior to T16000m) ($120 to $150)

The new Gladiator NXT which includes the VKB SCG Kosmosima grip will pull a giant wedgie up over the head of X52/X55/X56 and knock it the $#@! out :) If you take the time to tinker with and lube the T16000m throttle, it can easily perform carrier landings and in-flight refuelings.

SCG-R-P_750-1.jpg?fit=750%2C750&ssl=1

(The VKB Gladiator NXT)

I tried ordering this VKB Gladiator NXT and it turns out Ali-Express doesnt have them and they are impossible to to find right now in Australia (where just happen to be held political prisoner at the moment by the Authoritarian Communist Australian Police State)

I also speak Russian so I went to the Russian VKB website to see if I could have one shipped from there and they are back ordered.

I think the only way to get one of these to Australia is to risk ordering one through the US VKB web portal and have it shipped from China to a USA address and then have it repackaged and mailed to Australia as personal effects.

However, there may be a kosher way to order one from USA using a program by Australia Post called Shopmate. But again I think there will be hefty double shipping charges using that.