[RESOLVED] Possible bug in altitude offset left screen input units

Antiguedad

In Mission 13 of the Campaign (Cavalry has arrived) you have to input an altitude offset of -761 feet, but if you input -761 in the left screen the value showed is -232.

I mean, in this moment, if you want to enter an offset of -761 feet in the left screen, you have to enter the same value in meters (-2496 meters = -761 feet), and only then it shows -761 feet.

761 feet = 232 meters; 2496 feet = 761 meters

Left screen (feets):

Input: Shows:

-761 -> -232

-2496 -> -761

I think that maybe it could be some kind of error in the units of the left screen alt offset.

Thanks a lot, Mirage is a very funny plane to fly.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi JuanAJ, can you confirm this is still present in the latest OB patch 23/09/2020? If so please attach a .trk file. Thanks.

Bug is still here, track attached

Enter 250 ft as offset altitude, 76ft is displayed when pressing INS on PCN (250ft being 76m).

Seems to be a display bug only as system would take 250 feet in the offset calculation

Offset Altitude.trk

• 3 months later...

K, ive had this explained in detail and let me check to see if I have this right. We enter in X ft into the ft display. That value is converted to meters but displays in the ft display. That coverted value from ft to meters is then read as feet and converted to meters again which is displayed in the meters display. For eg. We enter in say 1000ft which gives us a converted meters value of 305. Then if we convert 305 ft it gives us 93 meters which is displayed in the meters display. The bug only affects the display, the sytem reads the original value of 1000ft correctly.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• myHelljumper changed the title to [RESOLVED] Possible bug in altitude offset left screen input units