Strange WMR problem

Jarhead0331

So a couple of days ago I noticed that my HP Reverb felt much hotter than I am used to and the display in the WMR portal was much more bright and vibrant. I am also noticing that the image blurs when I move my head, and then returns to normal when movement stops.

Something is clearly off.

I've found one other person reporting this issue in the HP Support forums. He seemed to solve the issue by uninstalling the portal and re-installing it. I've tried that several times to no avail. Anybody know what the heck is going on and how to stop it? VR is pretty much unusable until I get this sorted out.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Jarhead0331

I seem to have solved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling windows mixed reality, not just the portal. Not sure what caused the install to start functioning like that, but with the reinstallation, things seem to be back to normal. Thank God.

Thanks for all the useful advice. Couldn’t have done it without you.

Well sorry I could not offer any advice but sometimes that is how it goes. I have a post that has been there for sometime still without any comments, it just may be that nobody knows, be greatful you found a solution :)

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4-AC / Intel i7 11700K @ 5.0Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVME 2TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar  / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Thanks for all the useful advice. Couldn’t have done it without you.

Making sarcastic comments like this after people didn't come in droves (on their own time, BTW) to help you in less than the 12 hours that elapsed between your posts isn't a good way to make friends. :megalol:

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Making sarcastic comments like this after people didn't come in droves (on their own time, BTW) to help you in less than the 12 hours that elapsed between your posts isn't a good way to make friends. :megalol:

Based on your response, I’d say the only way to get advice around here is to have an attitude.

In any event, when your VR isnt working, 12 hours is an eternity.

Actually, the only way to get advice around here is to have an issue that other people might have experienced themselves. Maybe your issue isn't so common that you're going to get tons of responses in less than 12 hours.

As for 12 hours being an eternity. The only advice I have there is to find a few other interests to keep you occupied, or spend that time troubleshooting the problem like you did.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

^for a guy that has such a big chip on his shoulder, you sure are full of helpful advice. Here is some for you....get a little sense of humor and don’t take things so seriously.

LOL. Says the guy who cries when he doesn't get his way in 12 hours. :megalol: