Joestick gremling axes problem in DCS

pabletesoy

Hello,

I have the axes with curves set inside JG, but DCS doesn't recognize those curves, any ideas?

I attached image.

Thanks a lot

You remap your VKB axes to Vjoy axes, and apply curve to Vjoy axes.

So, in DCS, you have to map the Vjoy axes, in the Vjoy category, and unmap the VKB axes so that there is no conflict.

I had not checked it, but this solution leads me to a problem that tooks me a long time to discover why it happened. Inside DCS, if I apply the axes in the Vjoy category, the trim stops working.

I have tried applying the trim controls in the Vjoy tab but it doesn't work either.

The quickest solution is to contour the roll and pitch curves from DCS,

but I would like to know why this happens.

3.thumb.jpg.78dea6abcf9493aa22fd98ba18268eb6.jpg

I had not checked it, but this solution leads me to a problem that tooks me a long time to discover why it happened. Inside DCS, if I apply the axes in the Vjoy category, the trim stops working.

I have tried applying the trim controls in the Vjoy tab but it doesn't work either.

The quickest solution is to contour the roll and pitch curves from DCS,

but I would like to know why this happens.

I don't understand your different option.

Which one work? Which one doesn't?

You should not use keyboard combinaison with modifier. I'm not even sure the one you've done is working.

Use DX button instead. Here is an exemple showing why you should not use keyboard combinaison. It is also harder to configure propper keyboard combinaison as you'll see below. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=258718

Your remap I'm pretty sure doesn't work because the delay between each event is too short, and the modifier is released before the other key.

If you really want to use keyboard combinaison, then do as I show here, use macro, do not use remap to keyboard :

https://imgur.com/a/tPmOUn8 (album)

Edited by Ant0ine

So I would have to apply, inside DCS, a button press from the joestick (or throttle) directly on the Vjoy row Controls ... is that correct?

Instead of remapping to keyboard shortcut, remap to DX button. For exemple for your trim. Instead of remapping to left-control + directional arrow, remap to some Vjoy buttons, 1 to 4 for exemple. Then inside DCS you remap those Vjoy buttons to trim (in the Vjoy category), you can even remap Vjoy hat.

Ok, I understand. I did a basic Remap to Vjoy dvice and the asigned this Vjoy button in the Vjoy control section inside DCS and it works.

Is there a problem that I can find later mapping everything with directX? Because is faster than bind keyboards controls.

Edited by pabletesoy

Ok, I understand. I did a basic Remap to Vjoy dvice and the asigned this Vjoy button in the Vjoy control section inside DCS and it works.

Is there a problem that I can find later mapping everything with directX? Because is faster than bind keyboards controls.

Not sure to understand your question. Something to note is that game don't all see the same number of DX button. For exemple Elite Dangerous only see a maximum of 32 DX button per controller. But DCS don't have such problem and can see all of them, up to 128.

It is indeed way simpler.. And cleaner. You can press as many DX button at the same time as you need.

If you were to use left-control+directional arrow to trim, then for exemple you could not trim and at the same time drop the flap or the gear or whatever.. Because of the use of modifier key..

Edited by Ant0ine

I'm trying to map the trim with DiretX applied to the Hat, but JG doesn't see buttons on the Hat. Should I do it insde the native shofware of my Joestick?

The mapping you have done in Gremlin use DX button, but in DCS you mapped DX hat. So, either you map the DX button 1 to 4 to trim into DCS, instead of DX hat, or you map your physical hat to a VJOY hat as show below :

HF7u0xr.png

Edited by Ant0ine

I like the option of map my physical hat to the VJOY. Works inside JG and inside DCS option/controls, but it dosen,t works flying....I have tried to press the commands on the keyboard and it does not work either

I just tested, it works for me.

LY6XGNw.png

Mmm, strange...I will try to solve it.

A conclusion that I would like to tell you...I'm finding that applying directX button is tedious when you use different Modes (navigation, air-to-air, air-to-ground, for example).

You need to configure in your devices (Joestick, throttle) shofware more extra buttons for those layers to be able to apply them in JG as DirectX.

With keyboard command assignments, you just apply different keyboard outlines to the same button on each layer. I do not know if I have explained well.

Mmm, strange...I will try to solve it.

A conclusion that I would like to tell you...I'm finding that applying directX button is tedious when you use different Modes (navigation, air-to-air, air-to-ground, for example).

You need to configure in your devices (Joestick, throttle) shofware more extra buttons for those layers to be able to apply them in JG as DirectX.

With keyboard command assignments, you just apply different keyboard outlines to the same button on each layer. I do not know if I have explained well.

Sorry but no, I don't understand your "conclusion".

Sorry AntOnie,

I wanted to say that when you use Modes in JG, it is more comfortable, in my opinion, to map keyboard than directX buttons, because I only have to deal with JG.

I do not know if I explain myself with the attached image. Anyway, it is not important.

tt.jpg.f45f0ded775c55ca3afc3e1c282a23ce.jpg

Sorry AntOnie,

I wanted to say that when you use Modes in JG, it is more comfortable, in my opinion, to map keyboard than directX buttons, because I only have to deal with JG.

I do not know if I explain myself with the attached image. Anyway, it is not important.

No, you do not have to do mode in VKB software AND in Gremlin. Do it only on one. It it way easier to do so in Gremlin.

For exemple.

VKB button 1 is your input. In Joystick Gremlin "mode 1" you can map that input to Vjoy button 1 and in "mode 2" you could map that same VKB button 1 to Vjoy button 2. And in "mode 3" to Vjoy button 3 etc etc..

Check this page, at the end is an exemple :

https://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/overview/

Edited by Ant0ine

I have not explained myself because I think we are not talking about the same thing. My English doesn't help much either ...

I'm going to try it with a super simple example:

Let's imagine a JOystick with a single button. Inside JG I want a button to be in three different modes. To be able to map them as directX I need to have 3 "virtual" buttons in the VKB shofware.

If I map them as normal keyboard in JG I don't need to enter VKB shofware.

Thank you for your patience

tt.thumb.jpg.a7fa4201337ae0260f1cf373c70fab07.jpg

Edited by pabletesoy

I have not explained myself because I think we are not talking about the same thing. My English doesn't help much either ...

I'm going to try it with a super simple example:

Let's imagine a JOystick with a single button. Inside JG I want a button to be in three different modes. To be able to map them as directX I need to have 3 "virtual" buttons in the VKB shofware.

If I map them as normal keyboard in JG I don't need to enter VKB shofware.

Thank you for your patience

No, you're wrong. Remapping to keyboard shortcut isn't different than remapping to DX button.

Ok, I have learns somethings in this threat, AntOine. Thanks for the help.

I know that sometimes I am very clumsy but by asking inside the forum I learned to handle Target Script. Now I have changed devices and I have had to switch to JG and all are doubts!

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I have another question.

To use a keyboard combination I should use a macro and not remap to the keyboard. This macro is composed of two macros, one for press and the other for release, and modify the condition of release macro.

How can I use this option in Chain, Tempo, Double Tap remaps, where the two commands depend on the same condition?

Thank you!

temp3.thumb.jpg.2342c8df8f0c30b5b58272fc62af95bf.jpg