Use of Speedbrake while shooting

Colmillo

Before publishing this, I searched for information and unfortunately I did not find.

My problem is the following:

When I use the speed-brake in the warthog (button eight), the SPB extends only while I have it pressed and if at the same time I want to shoot I cannot. This is because in TARGET the switch is in hold mode (otherwise it does not work, because if I program it in pulse, the SPB does not extend)

As information, the trigger setting is also hold.

Has anyone solved this?

Thank you very much

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

SPD BRK Aft/Extend LShift+B

SPD BRK Fwd/RETRACT LCtrl+B

Trigger Space

Module F-16

But long time ago using the same conf. in the F-18, there was not problems.

And now since 2 DCS updates, I can't make it work in both modules.

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you bind the switch in Target as keyboard input or DX input. The latter is the way to go for complex operations.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I though the problem would come from the fact you use keyboard shortcut, but you says it worked before so I don't know.. Anyway I'm pretty sure it would work if you remapped to DX buttons. Target only provide 32 by default but we can edit the Target.tmh file to increase that number to 120 afaik.

See this post to learn how to. Note it only work if you use Target Script Editor. If you use Target GUI then I advise you to use Vjoy+Joystick Gremlin instead. It does more, more easily imo, and isn't limited to 32 buttons but 128, per Vjoy, and we can create multiple Vjoy so.. :thumbup:

Edited by Ant0ine

Thanks (Supmua and Ant0ine), I will try remapping to DX.

I’ll back with the results.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Solved!

Ok, I did something else first. I changed the mapping for the SPB extension, I selected only one letter: "B".

Apparently when there are key combinations (LShift + B is this case) you cannot execute two jobs at the same time.

Thank you very much anyway for your help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Always use DX for battle important operations. Pickle, trigger, brakes etc. for T/O, landing, cruise stuff, you can use keys.

The problem in this case is that you are using a modifier to operate the brakes (shift, ctrl), so when extending the brakes you are pressing shift, which is also added to SPACE, making the game see L_shift + SPACE, which in this case doesn't do anything.

Modifiers are global and are added to any keypress or DX or whatever across all controllers. So pressing shift, ctrl or alt, will change all controllers to a different layer.

Hope that was somewhat understandable.

There is a 120DX t.a.r.g.e.t file in the Thrustmaster section, that will give you more than enough DX buttons. I suggest you download it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Yes, thank you very much Svend. I already downloaded it and now I'm figuring out how to use the TARGET Script editor, which to be honest I find it difficult.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]