AI Unnecessary Maneuvering

The AI is performing unnecessary maneuvers after completing a ground attack task to proceed to its next waypoint.

attachment.php?attachmentid=250540&stc=1&d=1603138997

Note the expected optimal route for this simple attack setup versus the route actually flown by the AI. After the attack, the AI is performing almost 360° of turning, including overflying the target area a second time, in order to proceed to the egress waypoint.

My suspicion is that as soon as the bombs are dropped and the attack is completed, a route segment is created from its present position to the next waypoint. The AI then needs to maneuver to fly this route segment for its entire length, returning to overfly the bomb-drop point in the direction to the next waypoint.

AI_Waypoint_Maneuvering.trk

UnnecessaryManeuver.thumb.jpg.e3dab9af986589850b1c2a2d7a1f22c5.jpg

Edited by MBot

Reported.

I recreated it with my own setup to try and reproduce it, but was initially unsuccessful and had to check out your track. If you move the egress point east a bit it will *mostly* just do a 180 to that waypoint. I think you are correct with it flying a new waypoint segment, but it tries to go to the closest part of that route. For example if you moved the egress east a bit it will turn toward its waypoint, but it over-shoots and has to compensate a little. Based on the angles and route it is taking from changing the waypoints, it appears to be aligned with the next waypoint and the approx drop point. weird_route.thumb.jpg.07240a2b90e69d88e434fa3ac320259a.jpg

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum