Operation Saber Thrust

Orestd

In the 4th mission in Operation Saber Thrust where you have to destroy the convoy the JTAC only gives me one target. How do I get him to Lase the other targets or am I supposed to use the targeting pod? On many occasions JTAC will lase a target, and after I have fired the missile he will go "abort abort abort you don't have permission" and the missile will miss the target. Can anyone tell me why that happens and how to correct it. Thanks.

In the 4th mission in Operation Saber Thrust where you have to destroy the convoy the JTAC only gives me one target. How do I get him to Lase the other targets or am I supposed to use the targeting pod? On many occasions JTAC will lase a target, and after I have fired the missile he will go "abort abort abort you don't have permission" and the missile will miss the target. Can anyone tell me why that happens and how to correct it. Thanks.

JTAC calling abort can be due to some of the following, but not limited to:

Attack heading outside of given attack parameters

Not updating your progress, requesting next steps (IP, CALLING CONTACT, TALLY, CALLING IN HOT, LASER ON, SPOT, ETC)

It can be a confusing process early on when using a JTAC, especially when there are several steps that need to be performed and verified when doing so. When I was first learning to use a JTAC - I was guilty of not listening to all the specifics that they would issue. I'd recommend either writing down what the JTAC is telling you, in terms of specifics for the attack run. Don't be afraid to use the radio menu to request the information again, in the game there is typically no penalty to speak of by doing this. In real life, it could be life or death if you have TIC.

The following link might prove helpful to you:

http://www.users.on.net/~jase_ash/ht...tos/styled-10/

NOTE: I am not affiliated with, nor do I endorse the above link for anything other than reference.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...