USB devices timeout

Baldawg

As the title states my USB devices timeout after an unknown period of time. What im experiencing is at the beginning of a flight i will flip a switch in my pit to activate something in the sim (ex. position lights) and the switch in the game moves as directed. However, after a while when i flip the same switch it doesnt react in the sim until i flip the switch forward again. this happens on all of my Bodnar boards, TM HOTAS etc. Has anyone seen this issue before? Im using two 7 port USB hubs with selective suspend disabled. all hardware is in signature.

Ive searched for a solution online related to DCS and/or windows but cant seem to find anyone else that has had this problem. Im leaning towards it being a DCS issue with polling usb devices or something like that.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

You’ll likely need to do into device manager and choose properties for each USB device you have, click the power tab, and deselect “allow device to shut off to save power.”

I probably don’t have the exact terminology right because I’m doing this from memory, but that’s the gist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

• 2 weeks later...

Thats been done....unfortunately i dont think there is an easy resolution to my problem.

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Never experienced this. If you adjust controls while flying it will forget about switches that are already on, but I've never had them "time out" while just flying for hours.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Huh, i just started running into this too. i noticed it in the a10c advanced flight qualifications for air to air refueling, which are pretty long missions. all my switches work for startup, but then you don't really use many/any of them until shutdown like an hour later. and i noticed that flipping the switches didn't actually do anything. i tried going to pause, and flipping all the switches of/back on, but even that didn't seem to be right. odd. i'll check usb power settings when i play tomorrow?