Need help on AGM-88C Harm

JetBLASTER

I'm doing something wrong and I don't know what. I've been trying to use AGM-88C Harm and I'm using Chuck's guide to the F / A-18C Hornet and also Redkite and Spud knocker tutorial on Youtube.

What happens is that in the sequence that arrives in OSB 9 HUD, HUD does not appear in OSB 9. I tried in DCS stable and DCS Open beta. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

If you mean step #3 in Chuck's guide, it refers to EW page and not HARM page. In OBS 9 "HUD" appears (from EW page) in order to have EW also in HUD. You don't have to look for it in HARM page.

It says "Set the TAC EW Early Warning) page on the right DDI and the SMS (Stores Management System) page on the left DDI"

Hope this helps.

If you mean step #3 in Chuck's guide, it refers to EW page and not HARM page. In OBS 9 "HUD" appears (from EW page) in order to have EW also in HUD. You don't have to look for it in HARM page.

It says "Set the TAC EW Early Warning) page on the right DDI and the SMS (Stores Management System) page on the left DDI"

Hope this helps.

Yes, I know this is exactly what I'm talking about. on the EW page the HUD doesn't appear, I don't know why

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

I've been looking to resolve this for a long time, even after following all sequences strictly

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hope this helps.

What bothers me is that if I use AGM-88 C Harm on SP Mode or TOO mode it is the same thing, the HUD does not appear on the right DDI EW page

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That sounds like you haven't actually powered the RWR on. Check if power button below the AMPCD has a green ON displayed on it. The HUD indication (which is actually OSB 14 in the F-18 -- it starts with 1 in the bottom left unlike the A-10 that starts top left) won't show up if it's not powered up.

The HUD doesn't appear on the EW page. The EW data (contact direction, etc.) appears on the HUD when you have the HUD OSB clicked on the EW page.

Thank you Clean. I know, what I'm referring to is, following the CHUCK manual where in the right DDI, which is EW, there must be a HUD indication in OSB 9 and that doesn't happen

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That sounds like you haven't actually powered the RWR on. Check if power button below the AMPCD has a green ON displayed on it. The HUD indication (which is actually OSB 14 in the F-18 -- it starts with 1 in the bottom left unlike the A-10 that starts top left) won't show up if it's not powered up.

Tank you I will see if this is what happening

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi rob10 I just checked and the RWR was on. I found out that if the IR COOL ORIDE that is the button directly on the right side of the right DDI has to be up. Right after I switched from bottom to top the HUD symbol appeared on the EW page on OSB 9. Thank you very much for your help and suggestion. I don't know if that will interfere with anything later on but I will see what will happen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I found out that if the IR COOL ORIDE that is the button directly on the right side of the right DDI has to be up.

That doesn't make much sense. That switch is for Sidewinder cooling, and shouldn't have anything to do EW display on the HUD. Are you on Stable or the new Beta?

You don't need EW on the HUD to use HARMs anyway, it is slightly convenient for SP mode, but that's it. It has absolutely no bearing on TOO mode.

Hi rob10 I just checked and the RWR was on. I found out that if the IR COOL ORIDE that is the button directly on the right side of the right DDI has to be up. Right after I switched from bottom to top the HUD symbol appeared on the EW page on OSB 9. Thank you very much for your help and suggestion. I don't know if that will interfere with anything later on but I will see what will happen.

The IR COOL switch has absolutely nothing to do with the RWR and EW page. Couldn't be further away from system integration there.

SP mode:

1.RWR ON.

2.EW display

3.Box HUD via OSB (you now don't have to have the EW page displayed at all after this)

4.Master Arm ON

5.A/G master mode

6.Select HARM

7.When in SP mode, desired emitter target is selected via RAID/FLIR/FOV depression

8.Weapon release and call magnum

TOO mode is performed via the HARM display, requires TDC priority to be set to the HARM display, desired emitter target is still cycled via RAID/FLIR/FOV depression, but handoff is required and achieved via cage/uncage depression and confirmed via H-OFF being displayed above the boxed emitter. Weapon release and call magnum.

I haven't looked at Chuck's guide in quite some time, but just sent some HARMs off on my last flight this past Saturday. Above is how it works, absolutely nothing to do with IR COOL.

Not sure if you've got some weird double binds going on, or what exactly is happening on your side - but it isn't correct.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Sorry rob9 you were right, i found 3 conflict on my joystick when i binded some keys and this was causing all this confusion. Now everything is working correctly. I always have to turn on the RWR, I don't know why in the manuals that I appreciate a lot I never noticed it. Thank you one more time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The IR COOL switch has absolutely nothing to do with the RWR and EW page. Couldn't be further away from system integration there.

SP mode:

1.RWR ON.

2.EW display

3.Box HUD via OSB (you now don't have to have the EW page displayed at all after this)

4.Master Arm ON

5.A/G master mode

6.Select HARM

7.When in SP mode, desired emitter target is selected via RAID/FLIR/FOV depression

8.Weapon release and call magnum

TOO mode is performed via the HARM display, requires TDC priority to be set to the HARM display, desired emitter target is still cycled via RAID/FLIR/FOV depression, but handoff is required and achieved via cage/uncage depression and confirmed via H-OFF being displayed above the boxed emitter. Weapon release and call magnum.

I haven't looked at Chuck's guide in quite some time, but just sent some HARMs off on my last flight this past Saturday. Above is how it works, absolutely nothing to do with IR COOL.

Not sure if you've got some weird double binds going on, or what exactly is happening on your side - but it isn't correct.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Thank you very much Ziptie. I made all this mess when i binded some keys on my joystick and now everything is working correctly. Definitely RWR needs to be turned on and I paid no attention. Chuck's guide helps me a lot and I am very grateful for that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That doesn't make much sense. That switch is for Sidewinder cooling, and shouldn't have anything to do EW display on the HUD. Are you on Stable or the new Beta?

You don't need EW on the HUD to use HARMs anyway, it is slightly convenient for SP mode, but that's it. It has absolutely no bearing on TOO mode.

Thanks Bunny Clark. You're right . I have everything sorted on that subject. I made all this mess when i binded some keys on my joystick and now everything is working correctly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, at the end you get rid of the problem! Great

It's all ok now. Thank you Guzzo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]