[PLANNED] Flare Qty issue

Steph21

This is an old bug, that is still present on latest Open beta.

From latest Razbam manual, page 207 and 208, the mirage 2000 is equipped with 16 flares in the SPIRALE system, and can add up to 3 rack of 8 flares (24 flares in total) on the ECLAIR Pod if equipped.

1st bug: When getting airborne with the default 16 flares, only 14 are available as shown in track attached. Program 8 was used for this test (default program created by Razbam, dropping 6 flares per salvo), and from the F2 view you can see, that first 2 salvo drop 6 flares each as expected (12 in total), but third salvo drops only 2 instead of 4 (6+6+2 = 14 instead of 6+6+4 that would make the 16 mentionned in the manual).

2nd bug: In the Rearm menu, qty of flares can be increased above 16 without having the Eclair Pod mounted. This should not be possible.

3rd bug: In the Rearm menu, qty increase by 16 and we can go up to 162 flares. We can select following values: 0,16,32,48,64,80,96,112,128,144,160,162. And this give acces to the qty of flares selected (you can test it with the program 10 dropping 32 flares per salvo) which is not realistic at all.

Based on information given by the manual, the only values available should be:

• 0,16 witout Eclair Pod
  • 0,16,24,32,40 with Eclair pod mounted: 16 from SPIRALE, and then increment of 8 (not 16) for each rack added in Eclair Pod

Chaff Qty Rearm Menu.trk

Chaff Qty 14 instead of 16.trk

From the SME

"The legacy Eclair has the capacity to host 2 clips of 8 flares and one single clip of 18 chaffs, so you should be able to mount flares up to 32 by multiples of 8.

The Eclair-M has the capacity to host 6 clips of whatever you want, so flares up to 8x8=64 by increments of 8 (if it's chaffs, same logic but with 16 chaffs incerements to add to the 112 in the SPIRALE.

That being said, I have never seen the Eclair mounted on the 2000C in my lifetime in the squadron. I'll check with my weapons technicians whether the Eclair-M was ever fielded on the 2000C"

We are looking at the bugs you described.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I only saw pictures of Eclair-M mounted on Mirage 2000D and Mirage 2000-5F.

There are pictures of Mirage 2000C RDI with Eclair, but not many.

Indeed the Eclair is labeled for 2 flare racks and 1 chaff rack.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...56#post4053656

EM = Chaff

IR = Flare

The problem is likely a core DCS issue since you can trade flare for chaff and the opposite.

In DCS you can load up to 32 flares, but you can't add the 18 chaffs from Eclair pod to go up to 130 total (112 internally).

Smaller flare racks have been developed to carry 16 per rack (so 32 internally without Eclair pod, 40mm diameter instead of 60mm). I don't know if it's in use on Mirage 2000C RDI ?

IRL trading the drag chute or hook for additional decoys is a safety issue. So the threat has to be really serious to carry the Eclair instead of drag chute.

Originally Eclair was developed in house by AdA because of SPIRALE delay (internal decoy dispenser system integrated with ECM).

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...17#post4053617

ECLAIR without SPIRALE.

Later it was kept to further increase total decoy count if necessary.

Here is a picture of Mirage 2000C RDI S5 from Cambrai (coded 12-KO).

Live missiles, SPIRALE + ECLAIR

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-oct-10-2013-french-miragemirage-2000-is-a-multirole-combat-fighter-84350250.html

The most likely use of this configuration was operation "Trident" in 1999 over Kosovo. Mirage 2000C were deployed from Istrana in Italy.

Eclair-M is industrial solution by MBDA.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 7 months later...
  • myHelljumper changed the title to [PLANNED] Flare Qty issue