Firefox or Explorer

theGozr

Firefox or Explorer  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Firefox or Explorer

• Microsoft Explorer
    • Firefox
    • Other

What kind of stupid test is this? It doesn't show anything what's testing, no description, no nothing... just some non-readable text on top of each other... and some number 12 in a box... and you people rate web explorers based on this?

No longer active in DCS...

What kind of stupid test is this? It doesn't show anything what's testing, no description, no nothing... just some non-readable text on top of each other... and some number 12 in a box... and you people rate web explorers based on this?

LOL I know what you mean..

Safari toped that list but that's Apple and I'm not into their idea of a DRM filled PC universe, ... also it looks dull, boring and it just doesn't score high on my cool test :smilewink: heh but if it works for you then fine it's all about personal preference.

FF works great and I have had no problems with it in terms of speed or general performance and I doubt if anyone would notice a difference while surfing around with anyone of the browsers mentioned in this thread. .However in terms of ease of use, looks and addons then you should really give FF a try.

Here's my favorite FF themes;

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4618

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4391

I use this one mostly though:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1790

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

lol it's a standards test the reason it don't look right is your browser doesn't support the standards correctly :P Thus some custom code in our stats page to handle the pur IE browser.

http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid3/ :P

webkit get's 100 btw not the current release of safari, open source browser backend.

Here's what that silly look test tests :)

Acid3 Browser Test

Acid3 is the third in a series of test pages written to help browser vendors ensure proper support for web standards in their products.

Acid3 is primarily testing specifications for “Web 2.0″ dynamic Web applications. Also there

are some visual rendering tests, including webfonts. Here is the list of specifications tested:

DOM2 Core

DOM2 Events

DOM2 HTML

DOM2 Range

DOM2 Style (getComputedStyle, …)

DOM2 Traversal (NodeIterator, TreeWalker)

DOM2 Views (defaultView)

ECMAScript

HTML4 (<object>, <iframe>, …)

HTTP (Content-Type, 404, …)

Media Queries

Selectors (:lang, :nth-child(), combinators, dynamic changes, …)

XHTML 1.0

CSS2 (@font-face)

CSS2.1 (’inline-block’, ‘pre-wrap’, parsing…)

CSS3 Color (rgba(), hsla(), …)

CSS3 UI (’cursor’)

data: URIs

SVG (SVG Animation, SVG Fonts, …)

Lesson over!

Alright Mugatu, that's all just mumbo jumbo for me. I can browse these (and few other) forums... check some stuff on google... and that's all I need web browser for... I installed FireFox once and I couldn't think of one reason to have it installed as IE is already there with OS so, IE for me does just fine :D

Hehe, I think you just let down your pants without even noticing... :D

:lol:

I forgot I use Safari on my Mac at work. I don't see big difference in speed between different browser. I'm just got used to Opera - that's all.

Hehe, I think you just let down your pants without even noticing... :D

hey nothing to see here... move along... like you people never seen man with his pants down :doh:

Here's my story:

Opera at home

FireFox at job

IE for testing if the output is displayed properly for those users who are going to use IE.

Firefox got pretty nice Javascript Error Console. Recommenced if you want to debug your Javascript scripts

I wish if all web developers follow W3C standards so that every webpage will look the same on all browsers :)

This space is available for your advertisement

few years Only Opera 6,7,8,9

Л.Н. Гумилев - «Нынешняя интеллигенция — это такая духовная секта. Что характерно: ничего не знают, ничего не умеют, но обо всем судят и совершенно не приемлют инакомыслия...»

I have these installed

AVANT (the fastest and most compatible, uses modified IE engine)

FIREFOX (slow, but cool skins and addons, best for online transactions and browsing NASA sites)

OPERA (fast, but sometimes strange, good for p0rn sites though, works best on my mobile phone ;)

IE6 (omg, just keeping an icon in my quicklaunch, sentiment maybe)

I'm using all of them, but favor them in this order.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 1 month later...