Enterprise vs. Japan

Wildwind

Once we have our Corsair, and hopefully a Hellcat (and can we hope for a Wildcat, too?), I really want a Yorktown-class carrier.

Well, really, what I want is Enterprise. But if you're making Enterprise there's no reason not to put in her sister ships as well.

You can't have the Pacific Theater without Enterprise. She was there at almost every major battle in the Pacific. At one point, she was the only operational U.S. carrier.

Getting the Essex-class is nice, because they were the beginning of the evolution of modern carriers, but it was the Yorktown-class that held the line for half the war.

• Like 2

Definitely a worthwhile wish. It would be awesome to see ED and/or some 3rd Party developer really get serious about the PTO during WWII. I have no doubt that it will eventually happen, my only concern - being 69 yrs old - is whether I will live long enough to see it. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Agreed, the Enterprise was the flagship for Task group 58.3 at the battle of the Philipine Sea.  According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_Sea_order_of_battle#American_order_of_battle

That group had the following ships

Carrier Division 2

2 fleet carriers

Enterprise (CV-6)

Lexington (CV-16) 

2 light carriers

San Jacinto

Princeton

1 heavy cruiser
Indianapolis 

Cruiser Division 12

3 light cruisers

Montpelier 
Cleveland 
Birmingham

Screen

1 anti-aircraft light cruiser Reno

16 destroyers

Anthony,  Braine, Caperton, Clarence K. Bronson, Cogswell, Cotten, Dortch, Gatling, Healy, Ingersoll, Knapp, Terry, Wadsworth.

Then if we were to get the battle of Midway https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midway_order_of_battle#United_States

She was part of Task force 16

which consisted of the Hornet,

The light cruisers 

CA USS Pensacola 
CA USS Northampton 
CA USS New Orleans 
CA USS Minneapolis 
CA USS Vincennes 
CL USS Atlanta 

Destroyer Squadron 1:
USS Phelps (Lt. Cmdr. Edward L. Beck)
USS Worden (Lt. Cmdr. William G. Pogue)
USS Monaghan (Lt. Cmdr. William P. Burford)
USS Aylwin (Lt. Cmdr. George R. Phelan)
Destroyer Squadron 6:
USS Balch (Lt. Cmdr. Harold H. Thiemroth)
USS Conyngham (Lt. Cmdr. Henry C. Daniel)
USS Benham (Lt. Cmdr. Joseph M. Worthington)
USS Ellet (Lt. Cmdr. Francis H. Gardner)
USS Maury (Lt. Cmdr. Gelzer L. Sims)