task for attacking aircraft on the ground

ColonelPanic42

There doesn't appear to be a way to task AI aircraft to attack enemy aircraft on the ground. CAS search then engage will not attack planes, CAP search then engage will not attack things on the ground and will not use air to ground weapons, fighter sweep does not work, CAP does not work, CAS does not work.

Bombing appears to be the only option, but that has its own issues. The target location must be set in advanced (if the target begins to taxi it will not be hit) and with groups of AI fighters there is no way to have them split up tasks among themselves, so attacking 8 grounded planes will take 8 passes or more.

I've attached a miz showing how I'd like this to be configured (though I don't think CAS is the correct task type, it should probably be ground attack or maybe a new "OCA strike") and a track file showing what they do instead: RTB the moment the reach their IP.

oca_strike.miz

oca_strike.trk

• Like 1

You can work around this by playing with the ROE, but I don't think you can do it specifically for parked/static aircraft.

Problem with setting the ROE to things like priority designated or weapons free is that they will attack absolutely everything they see (regardless of location), it would be great if there way a priority designated in zone or something.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.