Virtual desktop and wired vr headset at same time

wingsuit

I recognize it may not be a common problem. I've been loving virtual desktop on quest 2 for streaming vr titles. Half life alyx no wires is awesome.  But ever since my reverb g2 showed up (for sim titles, still the best clarity for me) when I try to run virtual desktop through quest 2 the games dont launch in vr. Almost like it's trying to put them to the reverb. 

Does anyone use a combo of virtual desktop to stream to quest 2 and still have a wired vr headset? Looking for any tips to get them to both work . 

Planning to use the g2 for all my seated sim games and stream to quest 2 for any move around the room type vr titles. 

I think I mentioned on another forum, just stop the Oculus service from running.

I changed my Oculus Service to a manual start rather than automatic in services to prevent stuff like this when using my G2.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|