Can we still do single chaff/flare release via the "bypass" setting?

cmorris975

Hi all,

Quick question.  I bought a new computer and am setting up the controls for the F-16 again.  I remember being able to dispense one chaff and one flare with a single "release" button press if I set the selector knob to "bypass".  It doesn't seem to work now (unless maybe I am pressing the wrong button to release, or something like that).  Hitting release while on the bypass setting will dispense a ton of chaff and flares continuously.

Did something change?  Is it still possible to do single releases without programming via the LIST button?

Thanks!  

Chris

I use the same Bypass mode, and it was working a couple hours ago for me. Not sure if any of the other CMDS switches could cause this? Also, make sure you used the correct command bind. I use "Countermeasures Management Switch - Fwd" as opposed to the "CHAFF/FLARE Dispense Button". Not sure if that is different, but just saying how mine is set up and works.

Ryzen 3700X, MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB DDR4-3200, MSI GTX 1070, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM Cougar MFD's, TekCreations F-16 ICP, TrackIR 5, 1080P 55" TV. All mounted to Next Level Racing Flight Stand

10 hours ago, Skligmund said:

I use the same Bypass mode, and it was working a couple hours ago for me. Not sure if any of the other CMDS switches could cause this? Also, make sure you used the correct command bind. I use "Countermeasures Management Switch - Fwd" as opposed to the "CHAFF/FLARE Dispense Button". Not sure if that is different, but just saying how mine is set up and works.

That was it!  Works fine now.  Thanks guys!