STEER PT dial not holding current setting after landing (AAP panel on the right console)

aledmb

hey guys!

here's some very strange behavior i'm having with the a-10c 2 and would appreciate some help. 🙂

suppose i have a mission with a few waypoints and i load and display them in the TAD by moving the STEER PT dial to FLT PLAN... that gives me lines between my waypoints in the TAD.

now suppose i land somewhere during the mission for repairs.

as soon as i land, the lines connecting the waypoints in the TAD disappear, even though the STEER PT dial is still set to FLT PLAN.

if i rock the STEER PT dial to MARK and back to FLT PLAN, the lines reappear in the TAD.

is this normal behavior? is it related to automatic realignment when the plane is on the ground? how can i avoid it?

thanks in advance!

Sounds like it's related to the RECALC when you land.  I'd guess the way to "avoid it" would be to put the CDU rotary switch to MISSION prior to entering the pattern for landing - then at EOR prior to takeoff, or after takeoff, put the CDU rotary switch back to FLT PLN.  As for "if this is real world behavior" - only a few people on this forum who could speak to that most likely - like @Snoopy maybe..

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

55 minutes ago, Ziptie said:

Sounds like it's related to the RECALC when you land.  I'd guess the way to "avoid it" would be to put the CDU rotary switch to MISSION prior to entering the pattern for landing - then at EOR prior to takeoff, or after takeoff, put the CDU rotary switch back to FLT PLN.  As for "if this is real world behavior" - only a few people on this forum who could speak to that most likely - like @Snoopy maybe..

Cheers,

Ziptie

thank you very much for the input!

that's what i've been doing, but i just push that dial back and forth before takeoff as one step.

• Thanks 1