Sudden pitch down - effect from the auto trim?

Fri13

13 hours ago, Rooster7755 said:

So I tried another campaign that isnt Raven one and It doesnt happen. even with the flaps set to whatever. Sure  you fall a bit but you can easily power out of it with full afterburn. Im telling you there is something going on here other than flaps not being set correctly.  I can take off no problem out side of this mission

Which mission is it - in the Raven One campaign?  I'll give it a try on my end and see if it replicates.  (You can disregard the same question in the other thread, or this one a reply there - whichever works for you).

I completed the Raven One campaign already, but that was prior to this update.  Would like to see if I can replicate.  DCS updates can definitely "break" things.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Seems like your Autopilot is not disconnected. Down left DDI i can see "/P". my tip its A/P what means Autopilot is not off because u did not disconnect via Paddle switch.

The only way to completely disconnect the Autopilot is the paddle switch.

Edited by psycho158

I just tested mission eight. Olive from 3 and I took 4. Hands completely off the stick, trim to 16. Gear up flaps up once I cleared the deck, out of burner at the same time. No issue, aircraft pitched up if anything.

If you have a track post it to onedrive or google drive.

Edited by FoxTwo

8 hours ago, psycho158 said:

Seems like your Autopilot is not disconnected. Down left DDI i can see "/P". my tip its A/P what means Autopilot is not off because u did not disconnect via Paddle switch.

The only way to completely disconnect the Autopilot is the paddle switch.

Oh that could have been because I was trying anything i could think to keep it flying level. I tried autopilot to see if that would work and it didnt

On 1/29/2021 at 11:58 PM, Rooster7755 said:

Im having this issue when launching off a carrier, I have everything setup correctly to the T and its fighting me it really wants to dive. Just to stay level i have to apply constant stick pressure back just to keep it level. I have played with the Trim going all the way up to 23 and it still is fighting me, nothing i do will make it fly level. I also have to be almost in full afterburn to keep it from slowing down.

In the pic with the 23 on trim that was me trying to get it to fly level with any means i can here are more pics of my struggle

Digital Combat Simulator  Black Shark Screenshot 2021.01.29 - 14.49.07.38.png

This Image shows that A/P ( autopilot) is still engaged, which would cause the problems you describe. You can just make it out on the left DDI caution line. Make sure you disable it with the paddle switch.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Well I can confirm that it does what you say it's doing. I've tried playing it back and taking control at certain points, either way it's going right into the drink.

Have you tried running a repair on your DCS install?

Just to be clear - I've flew this mission yesterday and took off just fine, but there's clearly something going wrong with your mission.

Edited by FoxTwo

On 1/30/2021 at 10:43 AM, tech_op2000 said:

Great. Now Turn on the controls indicator and see if it is an input into the jet problem or a problem with the system.

@rooster7755 It would probably be good for you to start your own thread for this issue. and providing a track file is always helpful

No problems with the input.

I can't find the repeatable reason for it. Sometimes the hornet just pitch suddenly nose down and it requires quick pull back to get it stay level. In VR it can be felt to happen as you would "nod forward". And trying to get a track file is little challenging as it can happen once in a 2-3 hour session for no obvious reasons. Like yesterday I spent 2 hours with Hornet trying to get it happen and it didn't.

And these are not related to any specific mission.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Since I love a good mystery I've been poking around with your track file some more.

According to the options file, you have game/easy flight mode enabled. Try disabling that in the global options. There may be a bug, somehow, with this mission or loadout and game flight mode.

2 hours ago, FoxTwo said:

Since I love a good mystery I've been poking around with your track file some more.

According to the options file, you have game/easy flight mode enabled. Try disabling that in the global options. There may be a bug, somehow, with this mission or loadout and game flight mode.

Thank you thank you all of you. YOu have no idea how good this feels to get traction. Ive been hearing nothing but You have your trim set wrong or your flaps or something lol Ill try that setting you said and report back.  What is easy flight mode anyway?

Congrats Rooster.

@Fri13

The forums wont let you upload a track file if it is too big. But you can upload it to a cloud service like google drive and give us a link to download it. If you know a previous mission where it happened. Upload one or more of those. They should all still be in your DCS track files folder assuming you haven't deleted them. Bonus points if you also tell us a timestamp for about when the pitch occurs. 

I'm glad that the issue is fixed for Rooster. It was an odd one to track down for sure.

But the real question is, why does game flight mode cause the F/A-18C to pitch down after takeoff on this particular mission?

That seems like a bug to me.

7 hours ago, FoxTwo said:

I'm glad that the issue is fixed for Rooster. It was an odd one to track down for sure.

But the real question is, why does game flight mode cause the F/A-18C to pitch down after takeoff on this particular mission?

That seems like a bug to me.

oh for sure Im talking with Baltic D about it but i dunno I think he is looking into it as he is pretty busy. Love his missions anyway

On 2/2/2021 at 1:30 PM, Rooster7755 said:

Thank you thank you all of you. YOu have no idea how good this feels to get traction. Ive been hearing nothing but You have your trim set wrong or your flaps or something lol Ill try that setting you said and report back.  What is easy flight mode anyway?

Glad you got it sorted.  Although my post wasn't "directed" at you in this thread, would have been great if you noticed it sooner.

Again, glad you got it sorted.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria