HP G2 REVERBP - MY FIX FOR STUTTERS + FIX FOR 7-14 ERROR AT REBOOT + WMR TOOLTRAY

Goa

Hi all

I was strgugglin to get a decent perofmance with my G2 + other issues like error 7-14 after each reboot or shut down .

1st of all my specs RTX 2080TI asus strix OC (matrix bios 360w power limit) + 8700K@5.0 ghz + 2 dedicated NVME's (1 for OS and 1 for DCS ony) + 32 GB ram@3200 mhz.

1st thing first, I had to completely reinstall DCS from scratch (despite having a brand new WIN10 20H2 installation  as I had to resintalll it as the windows updated failed last week and was going into a loop without updating it) , and despite having reinstalled WIN10 I was getting really bad performance with all settings to  LOW my CPU was barely used (5% maximum)  and frametimes and fps were completely unacceptable : 15-20 FPS with stutters all over the places.

Keep in mind before reinstalling DCS I tried all the settings in various guide here and on the web ( https://vr4dcs.com/ ) , nontheless again I couldnt use my G2 at all , in other games like HL-ALYX for istance I had 90fps with steamVR supersampling at 150%.

So yesterday I decided to reinstall DCS and today morning all the stutters were gone.

Now to put some order in my tips this is the guide :

1) Reinstall DCS if you havent managed in anyway to eliminate stutters and got a very low performance @low settings

2) open WMR settings and apply settings as per below screenshot immagine.png

3) SteamVr settiings : GENERAL

immagine.png

4. SteamVR settings VIDEO : (Launch DCS 1st) and then click on PER APPLICATION VIDEO SETTINGS , then on dropmenu CHOOSE DCS and set is like following :

immagine.png

This is all about SteamVR and WMR settings in order to get a solid 45 FPS with reprojection ON.

Now about other problems like error 7-14 which occure at each reboot or after a shutdown I write a guide which fixed my problelms without having to unplug and replug the G2 power adapter or USB port , guide as follows : https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/kwsnm4/tips_to_fix_714_error_after_reboot_or_shutdown/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

After you've solved this problem and if you are paranoid like me and dont want the G2 to automatically POWER ON at reach reboot or after a shutdown and you basically want the G2 HP LOGO to be OFF (meaning is completely POWERED OFF) you can install  WRM TRAYTOOL which is an excellent tool which allows you to turn the G2 on or OFF and the settings are saved in windows also after a reboot : https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/comments/kmpegw/wmr_tray_tool_v03_beta_official_thread/

Regarding other Windows settings the ony thing I've changed is the GAME MODE which I turned off from settings

immagine.png

HPET or anything else is at WINDOWS default excpet the trick to solve the 7-14 error .

Greetings.

Edited by Goa

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

• Goa changed the title to HP G2 REVERBP - MY FIX FOR STUTTERS + FIX FOR 7-14 ERROR AT REBOOT + WMR TOOLTRAY
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Good post.  I have the 3080.  Same exact setting minus the motion smoothing which I didn't see working because with the rear projection on auto it was already butter.  The WMR on auto basically locked me to 45fps.  Are you seeing FPS above 45 with that on auto?  I see a lot of people dropping the Res to 50% from the 100% in order to get no stutters, but then I found that you lose the clarity of the gauges and what not that you got the G2 for.

Like Vulcan said, the WMR setting of auto will ignore the steamVR reprojection setting.  If you really want to lock your frame rate to 45fps and use reprojection either set WMR to "Motion Vector", which will force it on for everything, or set WMR to "SteamVr per-app setting" and then set DCS's steamVR video settings to "Force Always-On".  Using Auto will allow your frame rates to bounce around and it will only use reprojection when it needs it.  If you want to see this in action, enable the reprojection status indicator in the developer tab of the WMR settings.  It's a handy little tool.

20 minutes ago, captainHelmet said:

Like Vulcan said, the WMR setting of auto will ignore the steamVR reprojection setting.  If you really want to lock your frame rate to 45fps and use reprojection either set WMR to "Motion Vector", which will force it on for everything, or set WMR to "SteamVr per-app setting" and then set DCS's steamVR video settings to "Force Always-On".  Using Auto will allow your frame rates to bounce around and it will only use reprojection when it needs it.  If you want to see this in action, enable the reprojection status indicator in the developer tab of the WMR settings.  It's a handy little tool.

Can you clarify this a bit:  Where are you setting motion vector?  I don't recall this being an option for steam or WMR.  What version of windows are you using?  

I also don't have a "SteamVR per-app setting" in either WMR or steam.  Or are you referring to just using the per application settings in steam vr?  

Thanks for the tips and for clarifying.

5800X3d, 32GB DDR4@3400, 6800 xt, Reverb G2, Gunfighter/TMWH

If you look at the first image in Goa's original post that is what I am referring to.  If steamVR is active press the small button to the right of the windows button to bring up the steamVR portal or whatever it is called.  In the bottom left of the little interface that pops up you will see a button that when you hover over it says something like "Windows Mixed Reality For SteamVR Settings"  It looks like goggles if I remember correctly, I don't have my headset plugged in.  That will bring up the dialog box in the first image of Goa's post.

It can be very confusing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, captainHelmet said:

If you look at the first image in Goa's original post that is what I am referring to.  If steamVR is active press the small button to the right of the windows button to bring up the steamVR portal or whatever it is called.  In the bottom left of the little interface that pops up you will see a button that when you hover over it says something like "Windows Mixed Reality For SteamVR Settings"  It looks like goggles if I remember correctly, I don't have my headset plugged in.  That will bring up the dialog box in the first image of Goa's post.

It can be very confusing.

Thank you!  What a terrible place to imbed a setting.  Had to get the WMR controllers out as I've not even used them yet.  Now if I can just figure out how to get this thing to stop acting like it's got a bad connection somewhere.

5800X3d, 32GB DDR4@3400, 6800 xt, Reverb G2, Gunfighter/TMWH

Hmm the wmr tray tool broken my reverb g2 mixedreality not found. Unplug dont help. Fail nr 7-4 . A clean new install of the wmr software helps. 

Better do not using the tray tool at moment. Its a good tool wait for the next version

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!