How to start first mission?

After watching the F-18 take off from the carrier and the voice briefing is over you end the mission and just start the next one from the campaign menu like normal.

Then the flyable mission 1 will start.

Edit: sorry, didn´t realise you had answered your own question.

Edited by illern

Win10Prox64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Intel i7-9900K@5,1GHz, 32Gb DDR4 GSkill TridentZ@3900GHz, Gigabyte RTX 2080ti Xtreme 11Gb, Game on Samsung M2 960 Pro, TM WH HOTAS, TM TPR , HP Reverb Pro G1, TM MFD

Although obvious to some perhaps, I understand the confusion about "mission 1". Calling the manual document Mission_1_Introv0.2.2.pdf doesn't really help with that.

The first "mission" or prologue really, should be seen as mission 0, with mission 1 being the first actual mission.

I do like the introduction/prologue touch by the way. Placed myself in the LSO spot (alt-F9) for that extra bit of immersion in VR. (maybe I enjoyed the view a bit too long, because the first Hornets were coming in to land while the ship was turning... resulting in a silly wave-off situation nowhere near the ship)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH