CTD on jettisoning TERs after TALD release

IronMike

As initially reported by @Mike Wazowsky - we will continue the discussion here.

On 2/1/2021 at 12:19 AM, Mike Wazowsky said:

POSSIBLE BUG:

F-14B in a 4-ship multiplayer, CTD the whole formation (all other type of planes kept connected) presumably as I pressed RIO jettison button to jettison TALD MER/TER from stations 4,5 (TALD already dopped).

@Cobra847 are you guys still monitoring this?

@Mike Wazowsky - I guess you were with Sebastian? He wrote me a PM yesterday about it on fbook. Were you guys able to reproduce it?

Thank you again for the report.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

@IronMike

I was there as RIO flight lead of that three-ship.

Two F-14's deployed two ADM-141 each and then it seems @Mike Wazowsky jettisoned the empty pylons as briefed. My intention was the same but I'd do it a tad later. It seems at that time everyone in the F-14B CTD'ed. Pilots and RIOs alike. Also we observed ADM-141 disappeared from the environment once we CTDed.

So it's down to: maybe something wrong with TALD's or jettisoning the empty TALD racks.

Latest open beta (2.5.6.60720) 3x F-14B fully manned each with:

2x Tanks

2x AIM-9M

2x AIM7-MH

2x AIM-54A-MK60 (STA 3&6) - me and @Mike Wazowsky were down to one each

2x ADM-141 (STA 4&5)

Hopefully attached log is of any help! It's from actual event. We haven't tried to reproduce ... YET! 🙂

@IronMike once this COVID19 thing is over we should go out for a beer 🙂

dcs.log-20210131-202924.zip

Edited by Nu-NRG

Aviate - Navigate - Communicate

no matter if you jettison ITER after TALD realased , when you trying to jettison ITER on STA 3456 , game will CTD . But no thing happen when jettison ITER on 1/8B .. however , ITER can't be jettison at all as NATOPS and manual say . That's a bug which i'm going to post on feedback thread . Test with either JETT OPTIONS switch in WPNS or MER/TER , if you try to jettison TALD on STA 3,4,5 or 6 , game will CTD , but work for STA 1/8B(For bombs with ITER on STA 1/8B , select WPNS position it will jettison one by one). This only happen for TALD with ITER , other ordnance load in ITER won't casued game CTD .

Cockpit Overview — Heatblur F-14 Tomcat 1.0 documentation

dcs.log

dcs.log

Edited by Alphabet_Ghost

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

Same thing just happened to me, except another issue prevented me from even dropping the TALDs on those stations (which I'll be reporting elsewhere). I was trying to jettison to get ready for A2A and it crashed. This is what I was able to find in logs afterwards - hopefully it helps dcs.log-20210206-013453.zip

Thrustmaster T.16000M HOTAS - i7-9700K - MSI GTX 1060 6GB (waiting for a sale) - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB M.2 SSD - ASRock Z390 Pro4 - Corsair 275R

F/A-18C - F-14B - F-16C - Spitfire