RADAR ACM MODE SKILL

flankerjun

In ACM,if i can spot the target,i know how to use the radar,but in most of situation,even the target is 3 miles or even closer,i still can not see it (I have mention it in another thread,because of my 4K monitor) i can only know that target is around me very close(by datalink),then I switch to ACM,maneuvering,but i have never lock the target.

so guys how should i do?

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

12 minutes ago, flankerjun said:

In ACM,if i can spot the target,i know how to use the radar,but in most of situation,even the target is 3 miles or even closer,i still can not see it (I have mention it in another thread,because of my 4K monitor) i can only know that target is around me very close(by datalink),then I switch to ACM,maneuvering,but i have never lock the target.

so guys how should i do?

Are you using the HMD?  This is the number one question for your OP.

If you are using the HMD and know where he is, you will want to use HACQ.

If you using the HMD and aren't exactly sure where he is, you will want to use WACQ.

If you are in a lag pursuit, VACQ or WACQ could be useful if you don't have a tally.  If you are in a lag pursuit, are using the HMD and have tally - HACQ would most likely be the quickest way to get a radar lock, but the others should also work.

There are many other merge situations, aside from the ones that I referenced above - just a couple examples.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

52分钟前,Ziptie说:

Are you using the HMD?  This is the number one question for your OP.

If you are using the HMD and know where he is, you will want to use HACQ.

If you using the HMD and aren't exactly sure where he is, you will want to use WACQ.

If you are in a lag pursuit, VACQ or WACQ could be useful if you don't have a tally.  If you are in a lag pursuit, are using the HMD and have tally - HACQ would most likely be the quickest way to get a radar lock, but the others should also work.

There are many other merge situations, aside from the ones that I referenced above - just a couple examples.

Cheers,

Ziptie

Thanks for reply. because mostly the target is in front of me,and i don't know where exactly he is,so i don't use HMD. if the target is below or above me,the WACQ always can not lock it,the is the problem confuse me.

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

1 hour ago, flankerjun said:

Thanks for reply. because mostly the target is in front of me,and i don't know where exactly he is,so i don't use HMD. if the target is below or above me,the WACQ always can not lock it,the is the problem confuse me.

"Above or below" you should use VACQ (vertical acquisition) which focuses the radar.  This doesn't mean directly above your canopy or below your cockpit - but in this mode the radar will scan vertically, at a set degree - nose low and nose high.

If you have the HMD enabled - entering WACQ and other ACM modes doesn't "just" cue off the HMD - but also from the normal orientation of the HUD.

For example, you can be in HACQ - and get a lock by looking off boresight with the HMD (within gimbal limits) - or put the enemy in the HUD and it will still achieve a lock.

Sounds like you are using WACQ, when you should be using VACQ.

Should be SCS aft ACM mode - but I always use the HMD, so in ACM mode, it requires SCS left - then SCS aft to enter VACQ.

If you don't use the HMD, you should just be able to SCS aft (after you are in ACM mode).

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

There  is a general problem with ACM mode since last patch (if you are using Open Beta). There are many user's report, WACQ and VACQ scans might be inverted. In my opinion, the "Boresight" mode is the only one, which is working now properly. Let's wait for a while... I hope not too long while.

For now, I heve refreshed my relationship with Warthog, which seems to be quite complete and working.

Edited by Padre Pio

Odd, I used VACQ yesterday and worked as expected...

Cheers,

Ziptie