X52 precision slider jittery zoom SOLVED

MajBach

Hi all. Just taking a minute to pass on what I learned researching this common issue where the precision thumb slider is used for zooming (changing FOV) but it seems to jitter back and forth and not remain static once set.

**Preamble**Many people said it was a defect or the result of poor contacts but equally as many people said their hotas was brand new. Others said the problem could be fixed by tweaking the sensitivity or settings in the SST software. Others incorporated a workaround by using 'bands' on the SST.

None of these options worked for me.

What I observed after a lot of trial and error was that my problem only existed when the TrackIR was running - even if paused AND the DCS screen was in focus. The moment I shut down TrackIR OR clicked the mouse button outside of DCS, the problem instantly stopped. This lead me to believe it had something to do with TrackIR. What I could not explain is why the controller properties showed my throttle, slider and rotating knobs all to have a slight jitter even when not in use but that jitter disappeared when I shut off TrackIR.

Then reading various threads, one guy stated something to do with voltage, another said it had to do with USB 2.0 vs 3.0. Then I also remembered that my big screen TV that is hooked up via HDMI to another laptop goes blank for 5 seconds everytime I turn my ceiling fan on. Weird. But when I put all those observations together I thought maybe it was electrical interference. And sure enough, it was.

**SOLUTION**Simply taking the cable for my X52 and moving it away from the cable from the TrackIR and plugging it into the computer rather than an external powered USB hub solved the problem.

Hope this helps at least one other frustrated person.

• Like 1