Automatic Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS Profile?

Zulu111

If I plug in the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS into DCS World does the filght sim automatically recognize this hardware and use a pre-configured profile to map controls to the HOTAS? Or do I need to update the settings in DCS World in order to individually configure the controls to the HOTAS? Thank you.

Edited by Pilot905
Adjust comment for clarity

Only for the A-10C (and probably the A-10C II) does it set up a pre-configured profile.

For the others: It does recognize the hardware and will assign axis and buttons by default. But these can be the same as those for other devices (like rudders and stuff) so it's recommended to individually configure the controls. You don't need to update DCS for this.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!